Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
Dave,

I'm familiar with the Harbeths. The Quad II Classic monoblocks *may* meet your dynamic needs if you are satisfied with what you get from the 300B amp, but understand that the Harbeths' 6 ohms impedance isn't optimal for the Quad IIs, which put out maximum power 8 - 16 ohms. Power output erodes quickly below 8 ohms, markedly below 4 ohms.

The Quad Two-Forty removes risk of being unsatisfied dynamically while delivering the essential Quad valve sound. The 12 ohms Druids and 16 ohms Superfly are virtually perfect matches for the Quad II. Plus the Harbeths' passive crossover will introduce additional drag on your perception of dynamic life compared to crossoverless Zu (which is a bit different from calculated dynamic range at a given speaker efficiency/amp power).

Phil
Any ideas why pricing has changed to $4,543? See, http://www.zuaudio.com/loudspeakers.html
We've just been debating that in the UK. Could be that Zu is building in a shipping cost but last time this happened it was a move from direct sales to shops so it's intriguing to say the least. Email to Zu UK rep and Utah is on its way!

Worth mentioning that there are new images up there too albeit that one looks badly shopped.

Mike
Says $3495 when I looked. Cosmic carbon is in short supply and the next space shuttle doesn't launch till November. When they get more cosmic carbon the price will go down.
F*** me that is one hell of a shipping cost $1743.00 for shipping, have they got a first class seat on a plane to the purchaser?