What a sad world we now live in.......

What a sad world.....

Had to go to our local Wal-Mart for something for the wife and thought would check out CD,s while here.

Could not find them so asked where to be told they had decided to stop selling them in-store.

In fact the whole electronics section looked bare and desolate.

Pretty sure a sign of the buy online times we now live in.
128x128uberwaltz
No coltrane1....you are not alone. Most music made today imo sucks! I'll take the old standards any day. Most new pressings suck too, you cant beat the older vinyl, those engineers knew what they were doing back then and they seemed to care. Unless you buy from say acoustic sounds or what have you, then for the most part you can score a decent sounding reissue etc....
I have three TTs, a tuner, and a CDP.  The CDP gets more use than the others combined.  Long live CDs!
I'm playing at least one Doris Day album (LP) per night for five nights as a tribute to "The Girl Next Door." She sounds terrific, especially on the "Day by Day" album. It's the kind of mono recording that has you wondering ... who needs stereo? 

Did someone mention something about streaming?  :-)

Frank
Hey, I feel the same as uberwaltz. I love my physical media. Not knocking streaming, it saves a lot of space, but I like my cds, sacds and lps.