Is HDMI worth the upgrade?

I'm in the market for a used av processor. There is a
number of good used processors out there at very low
prices. Is the lack of HDMI in older products driving the prices down? Or is it something else, or a combination of things?
lawrenceaudio
Lack of HDMI is a serious limitation in an AV processor these days, so I would think that it would be a major factor.

Kal
It depends on how critical video switching is to you. Video switching is not critical to me since it is only HD-cable or DVD as choices. Both run directly into the TV HDMI inputs which are easily switched between sources. It also means that I can turn the TV on cable and not have to power up the processor and amp for sound or video switching. HDMI picture output is superb.

I bought an excellent audio processor cheaply(Meridian 561) that lacks advanced video outputs that I did not really need to run multi-channel movie soundtracks.
with HDMI 1.3 and 1.4 come some audio features.
I'm not an HT guy, using only 2.1, but if I were interested in the advanced BR features, I'd be tempted in the the new pre/pro direction....

Unless your BR player or other source could manage it for you
HDMI can also help you cut down on cabling (video + multichannel audio through one cable), if "cable sprawl" is an issue for you.
I think quality wise you will be missing the 2 new surround codecs. I forget what they are called.