Speaker upgrade question - Wilson vs Focal

Hey audiogoners!

Thinking of upgrading and need the community/expert input.

Thinking of upgrading from a set of usher mini ones that I've had and loved for a few years.

I listened to a bunch of speakers, Focus Audio, Martin Logan, B&w, higher end ushers, Wilson audio, and Focal.

The ones I liked the most were the Wilson Audio Sasha DAW and the Focal Sopra 3. 

Loved the forward and detailed instrumentation on the Wilson's, especially the Sasha DAW, but liked the vocals slightly better on the sopras, though instrumentation on them was not as crisp as on Wilson's. But the two are very close.

Music is mostly jazz, classical, light rock, electronic and occasionally symphonic metal / European metal (night wish, sonata Arctica, dream theater). Mostly jazz though, vocal and instrumental. 

Trying to decide between getting the Wilson audio yvette, ( Sasha is too expensive and Sabrina's don't deliver enough) and Focal Sopra 3. Though I can wait a few years and get the Sasha then second hand.

I won't be considering other brands since I already did that research run around. These two brands work best for me and synergize well with my inwall home theater speakers (origin d87s).

I will be powering them using a McIntosh mc452 /C2600 for 2 channel, mostly LPs (McIntosh mt10) and tidal streaming and a anthem 1120 for home theater. 

What you guys think? Go for the Yvettes, wait for the Sasha's or go for the focals? 

Thanks.

128x128mepstein10
Have you heard the Revels in the Focal price range??

Also, life is short. You really want to die knowing you waited several years to get the speakers you liked, or do you want to die knowing you spent those years listening to music with speakers you loved?

Best,
E
Have you heard the Revels in the Focal price range??

Also, life is short. You really want to die knowing you waited several years to get the speakers you liked, or do you want to die knowing you spent those years listening to music with speakers you loved?

I have heard the Revels, not my cup of tea. As I stated earlier I did most of the research already. Since everyone has different listening preferences, ears, sound interpretations, I respectfully ask that we not go down the path of "listen to this speaker," what one person may find incredible, someone else may find dull. Also, the revels will not synergize well with my D87s, so that was a no go for me.  

The ones I loved the best were Legacy Audio, Focal, and Wilson. Legacy won't work for me because the ribbon tweeter is very directional, but I did love its music reproduction. The focal's and wilsons matched my need for sound synergy and music reproduction, each having slight advantages depending on genre and recording quality (wilson is not forgiving of bad recordings or masters for instance), Wislon did incredibly well of instrument detail and separation while the vocals were incredibly forward (in a good way) on the focals because of the BE tweeter.   

I limited down to those two brands.
I also forgot to mention, the room is 22 x 26, though the music area is closer to 22 x 15 
Mepstein,

The Wilsons will match better sonically with the Origins which also use a soft dome tweeter. 

However, for a match with home theater both speakers should work. 

The othe puzzlement is that these speakers are all diferent price points, the Sasha DAW are $37k the Yvettes $25k the Focals Sopra are usually $20k for the comparable model to the Wilson.

Did you hear each speaker with the same gear? If not how do you know if you are really loving the speaker of the setup?

The Focals are exceptional in terms of offering a bit more detail and overall clarity without brightness. 

Wilson are very musical but are a bit more laid back vs the Focals. 

If I were you I would not limit myself to anything. 

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ