Hi all,

I was going to purchase a pair of PL Dialogue HP Power Amps last year, but decided to put them off due to other priorities.  I noted the new Evo ranges do not have those 8 tubes power amps anymore.  Have anybody compared the Evo vs the Dialogue HP Power Amps?  Any insider news as to why no 8 tubes power Evo range? Also, can you mix/match with the previous generation of Dialogue Premium Pre-amp, with the Evo power amps?
@klhrw1

The EVO 400 replaces the HP. It has 8 power tubes. There should be no issues connecting the previous generation preamp to the EVO other than the previous generation preamp does not have balanced and the EVO 400 amp does.
@ghasley - Thanks, indeed there're 8 tubes.  So much for my college algebra ;-) 
I recently bought an  EVO 400  PL  preamp  which is connected to an Audio research VS-115 amp with  Silnote Morpheus Reference II silver XLR's . An amazing combo.  Excellent bass, midrange and top end extension. Very quiet preamp. 
For what its worth, I have the EVO400 Integrated; now running KT150s, and Mullard tubes on the two front; it's glorious.

I spent a few weeks with the stock EL34s; and their midrange and holographic presentation is undeniable, but I prefer the extra "oomph" of the big KT150s; I didn't realize I was adding a space heater to my room but se la vie.

THIS is the sound I've been after for 40 years.. so beyond thrilled with the amp; also nice Im in SoCal so a trip to Upscale is only 45 min.. comparing to other amps its a no-brainer IMHO.. best bang for the buck in tube land.