I'm having a really hard time with: "Power cable reduced my soundstage"...

My good friend that is in the business and very very knowledgeable calmed that a well made 10ga power cable reduced his soundstage... I'm not saying it will or won't but why would it? I would like to know the science behind this. I did research on here but not satisfied. I had a pair of Logans and they were wonderful and I used stock power cables and the stage was crazy... I have been making cables for years ( musician ) and know the value on quality... what is the magic?
128x128captbeaver
Many of us are aware of Ohm’s law and rectification followed by supply caps. As an arrogant engineer, I flatly believed that power cables wouldn’t make a difference since they supply power through a rectifier which generates DC on the filter caps.
Then one day I actually tried cables and conditioners, from Synergistic and later Audience, on my class-A monoblocks. I was amazed at the dramatic differences in that application and began to wonder how it could be possible.
I think the problem lies in our simplification of the system model. In engineering, we tend to simplify our models to a point needed to predict the basic function needed. In the case of power supplies, what’s needed is AC in and basic DC out. Exhaustive analysis of low levels of noise are often not addressed beyond basic consideration. The wire isn’t ideal, the power source isn’t ideal, the filter caps aren’t ideal. The process of rectification, generates a series of high-current spikes which are made up of a large number of harmonics, in turn generating voltage disturbances which can leak through the very non-ideal filter caps, and perhaps reflect back and forth between the source and load impedance of the system.
Post removed 
I would get him to let you do a blind test with you switching the power cord without him knowing which one is being used. Then you both will find out.

chrisoshea.... I certainly will. 

I am a retired Chef with very high standards and know for a fact there is no magic in quality and consistency. You can't fool physics. Chicken is chicken... you can quote me on that! lol
Some good friends of mine are owners/designers of a highly respected vacuum tube amplifier manufacturing company you know.  Not believing all the hokum, I was conducting a personal shootout of power cables on one of their premier amps and found the AQ Hurricane and Tornado to make an attractive audible difference.  the other six or so cords ranging in price up to $4000. didn't make much difference, in this case.  I was a bit surprised and called my friends to discuss.  They actually voice their products extensively while designing them.  "Yes we know" he said, "that's why we put the stock cords on that we do. We found the better cord was audible.  Did you try our cord compared to the Hurricane?"  "Also, you're best to go directly to the wall for power."  I still have the Hurricane, but won't be discarding his stock cord either.