Acoustic Zen Crescendos- Any Owners Out There?

I recently heard the AZ Crescendos at a dealer and loved their sound. I ordered them soon after that, and they are supposed to ship next week.
I read a lot about people hearing them at CES, RMAF, etc., and loving the sound. But I usually don't see anyone posting on how they sound at home...
Any owners care to share their experience?
As I said, mine are just about on their way, and I'm really looking forward to delivery.
BTW, I am replacing Monitor Audio GS 60's with the Crescendos. What was your prior speaker?
Thanks for any thoughts.
james_edward

James_edward

Now that they are run in... what do you think?

You said you would be back with more info... one would think a year later ought be enough to have them fully run in.

Did ya sell 'em or still got 'em?
I still own them, and I'm about to get rid of the boxes- they're staying.
Their tonal balance is on the warm, forgiving side, which is what I have been looking for. Prior to the Crescendos, I had a small parade of speakers that were too analytical for my tastes- Grand Veena, Zu Definition Mk2, and the Monitor Audio GS60.
I don't care for a lean tonal balance, and the heap of detail that comes with it usually becomes annoying after a short period of time. The Crescendos are a 'listen for hours on end' speaker, not the least bit fatiguing.
I have a couple of thousand CD's, and would rather have a system that does not bring out the flaws in every recording.
When I first had them, the Crescendos sounded a bit closed in vs the MA GS60's, but they seem to have opened up somewhat in the past 11 months. I still would not say that they are as open some other speakers I've heard, but again, my personal preference is for a full-bodied sound.

A HUGE caveat to my impressions is that I have tilted my components and wires toward fullness. The LSA amplifier is probably not considered analytical, nor would the Bryston BCD-1 player. I also am using KCI gold Silkworm+ IC's.
What I'm trying to say is don't let my warm sound assessment be a negative in considering this speaker. It is truly a contender, and for me it's a keeper.
James_edward, you still have them? Any more negatives after living with them?