Home demo. ProAc D48R and Spendor D9

I am in the process of a home demo. of the ProAc D48R and Spendor D9 from different dealers.
The ProAc guy says it is well run in and the Spendor guy says only about 90 hours on them.

First off, love the D48R so far, midrange to die for & the bass, lots of bass, perhaps a tad too much. Not sure yet, vocals , treble from that ribbon is exceptional.
The Spendor in comparison is not bad at all, I think a bit better definition in the bass, not as full as D48R , seems just as deep, but more tuneful to me. The midrange is OK , it seems to lag behind the ProAc only just. The upper midrange/treble to me is a bit of a let down. For example acoustic guitar seems slightly less crisp, less involving compared to the ProAc.

Question for any D9 owners out there, how long did they take to fully run in ? I assume I am not hearing now what their final run in sound will be like. Will the midrange/ treble open up more, like D48R more, or is the ProAc ribbon tweeter that much better ?
seadog77
I’m afraid it’s a closed room. Not sure what is the significance in this context of the fact that the D48R is easy to drive.

Isn’t it a matter of too much bass extension, exciting some room modes (say, below 30 Hz) that other less extended speakers wouldn’t touch? Because if this is all the problem and, let’s say, D30RS extends to 30 Hz and D48R extends to 20 Hz, then the problem would only be apparent with recordings with significant content between 20 and 30 Hz - and there’s not a lot of it in the music I’m listening except for the symphonic (occasionally) and organ music. I have a feeling that I’m on thin ice here...

Also, can this "too big a speaker for the room" problem be addressed with some room treatment? All this guesswork is worrying me as this is not the kind of expense I’m likely to be able to repeat in the foreseeable future. Some people recommend mini monitors like Dynaudio Special 40 for a space like mine, others are cramming Harbeth 40.2 and the like and declare themselves very satisfied...

Finally, to return to my original question, between D30RS and D7 what would you choose for piano reproduction and why? I care a lot about timbre and especially that tactile, percussive quality of the upper range of the piano I tried to described above.
I currently own the D30RS and all I can say that they exceed my expectations by far first they sounded a little bit blur,weak dynamics and laid back after a very long break-in they are now wonderful their ribbon twitters give very natural life like highs,the mid is superb detailed and the bass is powerful , punchy and accurate on of the best I ever heard .the soundstage is huge and the sound is very natural . I think the D30RS will work very well in your size space without overhang bass that the D48 might do. Didn't hear the D7  however one of my friends who considered to buy them heard them at high end show and was very disappointed.
The Harbeth 40.2 are wonderful speakers but need very large space to fulfill their huge potential IMO your space will not work for them.

See this lengthy review and the size of the room.

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/harbeth-monitor-40-2.25222/

Also, I heard the 40.2's in a regular-sized hotel room at Capital AudioFest, and they sounded very good.  I went back 3 times.  Sure, they will perform even better with a larger space, but the 40.2's won't overload as much as the 40.1's.  The owner at Deja Vu was actually more concerned about distance to side wall, he thought 2 1/2 feet a minimum.

Compared to the 40.2, I heard the Classic 100 in a totally different system, different room (different country!).  Some general resemblance, perhaps a little less forgiving, perhaps a little more dynamic/exciting...but it could just as well have been the other components.

Strong preference for 40.2/30.2 over SHL5+, so the question is, does the Spendor 1/2 follow the corresponding Harbeth model.  Judging by this thread, very few have auditioned.

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/the-new-spendor-classic-1-2