Magico Q5

Anyone hear the new Q5's at Overture today?
husk01
Razmika- what's wrong with high end McIntosh?

btw, wasn't the Q5 announced at 50k at CES? Or is now that Valin says its the greatest speaker of the world the price is now 60k. Yawn, so typical of this industry these days.
54k initially I believe. Nothing new, they've been doing this all along to all models ; Mini/2, V3, M5, M6! The only stable one so far is their V2 @18k.
I'm a little cynical when it comes to JV reviews. He seems to go through speakers like toilet paper. His latest speaker is always the greatest since slice bread. Since he is a reviewer for a well established mag, he doesn't pay for his equipment. His speakers are on "indefinite loan" by the manufacturer. The two Magicos I'm very familiar with, the Mini and M5, have never sounded like real music to me. But I really hope the Q5 is a different kind of speaker. If it offers similar flavor of sound I heard witn the Mini and M5, you can count me out. I might give a serious audition of a Mini version of the Q5, if the Q5 lives up to its reputation.
Wait these things already went up in price, really? What they were out 4 months before they went up. Hi-end is going to price itself into extinction.

I read the article when it came out but did not feel it was worth posting. Every speaker he reviews is the "best loudspeaker I have ever heard".... its getting old. They really need to have measurements with these types of reviews. At the very least an in-room frequency response would help. TAS could use the National Research Council of Canada for a baseline (actually the manufacture could too...). Until then I pretty much blow off their reviews.

I should note I have not heard any magico speaker yet.