MORE Esoteric problems

Hi all, I posted an issue with Esoteric CD players a couple of years ago. I bought a UX-3SE from an eBay seller. It skipped all CD's. I called Esoteric. ALL SACD players with the "U" model numbers need to go to Japan because that's where the alignment jig is. $2500.00 at that time JUST for the shipping back and forth. I returned the player to the seller naturally. An Asian gentleman working at TAP electronics told me at that time that the models with the "X" can all be repaired in California. Great I said. I bought an Esoteric X-01. A great player! Now it doesn't read SACD's. I sent it to TAP last week. A follow up call from TAP gave me the dreaded news that NOW the X-01 needs to go to Japan for the jig alignment procedure. WHAT! They did reduce the transportation cost to $1600.00. And this is for shipping only. I think that the audio community needs to send Esoteric a message and boycott ALL Esoteric products. BTW, it's not just their CD players that are required to make the trip to Japan if repairs are needed. I understand that certain models of preamp and integrated amps fall under this requirement as well. How can a company such as Esoteric not do better for the consumer?
128x128jnovak
Yes, you are right daveyf. I owned the Sony SACD player; the black model. Ten years is all most Japanese companies will support. Sony sold all of their NOS parts for their open reel recorders as well as everything else. I sold my Sony TC880-2 because I didn't want to deal with the hassle of finding someone to fix it. This was before the WEB. Darn! I wish I had that machine back! I sold it for $500.00 They now sell in excess of $3000.00 I owned three TC880-2 machines! 
   The fact that Esoteric modified their repair procedure is great for everyone and especially would be new buyers of Esoteric gear. 
    I hear you concerning other players. My first high end CD player was the mighty Krell KPS20i. When Krell release the 30i, Phillips discontinued the transport for it within one month of its release! Krell was upset to say the least. This entire post is a feather in Esoterics cap. Long live Esoteric!
Post removed 
I own a pair of Esoteric MG-10s. My grandson pushed the tweeter dome in on one. I called Esoteric and was told to contact TAD Electronics. This I did and got hold of Sal in service. I was told to send the damaged speaker to them and they would repair it. I sent it to them, care of Sal. I was kept posted every step of the way, as to arrival and condition of the speaker, progress on repair, return shipping and when to expect return. Process took 3 weeks, including shipment of a new tweeter from Japan. 

Just thought Esoteric and TAD Electronics deserved another positive.
RUN, RUN, RUN as far and fast you can from Esoteric Audio !
It’s official that Esoteric Audio is doing all Digital Repairs in Japan. Youch !!!  Shipping will be very expensive and very time consuming. Stick with Marantz Reference Digital.
Since the beginning of this post, I've been auditioning DAC's and CD spinners in hopes of finding a cheaper option than Esoteric. "Surely I thought, someone else is making a decent player these days at a fraction of the cost". I've purchased five different dacs so far. Some decent stuff for sure. So far though, NON have bested my Esoteric. Esoteric responded to this post by modifying their repair procedure. Sal from TAP called me the other day to ask if I wanted to send my unit in. I think I'll just send it in. FYI; it will still cost about $1500.00 shipping included. Let's not write off a great company who did act on this post. BTW, who better to service a delicate unit like the XO-1 than the factory? Joe