Upgrade advice for processor

I am looking to upgrade my surround processor. My current processor is a Rotel 1068. I am currently considering the Classe ssp 300 or ssp 600 or the Anthem D2. I would like peoples advice and opinions on these or other processors with a budget up to $3500. HDMI would be nice but not a necessity 2 channel sound is the number one thing I am looking for in the upgrade. Not that the multi channel isn't important to me but I am really looking for high quality 2 channel performance from the unit. Thanks in advance.
dwr
I have looked at the A-5, but maybe you or someone can explain the difference to me between the A-5 and the MCA-50. It sure appears to me that besides the 3 more balanced connections which would be the center and surround connections the 2 amps are the same amp. And at $700 less new I see the MCA-50 as a better deal. Maybe I am wrong on that but someone will have to show me what I would get for that extra $700.
I am under the impression that the A5 uses a variety of upgraded parts. I could be wrong about that. You should consult your Anthem dealer.
You are right I will have to talk to my dealer. It may very well be that they use upgraded parts and it may be worth the extra money. Did you happen to listen to both amps before you purchased or no.
No, I did not listen to both amps. My advice was not based on any negative experience with the MCA-50. It was based on my highly positive experience with the A5. I used the A5 for both music and movies for two years. It is an excellent product at what is, by audiophile standards, a very reasonable price. You can click on my virtual system to get an idea of the system context in which I evaluated the A5.

I have also heard the D2 on a number of occasions (combined with the P5, which, although it is more powerful, sounds very similar to the A5). So I can make a reasonable inference about how the D2 and A5 will sound together. I believe that combination will meet or exceed your expectation, as described in the OP, of "high quality 2 channel performance" from a multichannel processor/amp. Good luck.
I contacted technical support at Anthem and kudos to them I had an answer within 30 minutes (very impressive). here is what they say the difference in the two amps is.

“A series” has these extra features over the MCA:

hand selected input transistors heat-shrunk together so positive and negative cycles track each other as temperature changes

4-layer circuit board instead of 2-layer for lower impedance

circuit breaker instead of fuse for convenience and lower impedance