Upgrade advice for processor

I am looking to upgrade my surround processor. My current processor is a Rotel 1068. I am currently considering the Classe ssp 300 or ssp 600 or the Anthem D2. I would like peoples advice and opinions on these or other processors with a budget up to $3500. HDMI would be nice but not a necessity 2 channel sound is the number one thing I am looking for in the upgrade. Not that the multi channel isn't important to me but I am really looking for high quality 2 channel performance from the unit. Thanks in advance.
dwr
Thanks for the responses so far folks. As of right now I am leaning toward the Anthem D2 and an Anthem MCA-50 for an amp. Keep the suggestions coming though.
Since you mentioned that 2 channel sound quality is a priority for you, and you are leaning toward Anthem, I would consider getting the Anthem Statement A5 rather than the MCA-50, if you can stretch the budget slightly. I have the A5 and I can tell you that it performs quite nicely on both movies and music (though it is not my current music amp).
I have looked at the A-5, but maybe you or someone can explain the difference to me between the A-5 and the MCA-50. It sure appears to me that besides the 3 more balanced connections which would be the center and surround connections the 2 amps are the same amp. And at $700 less new I see the MCA-50 as a better deal. Maybe I am wrong on that but someone will have to show me what I would get for that extra $700.
I am under the impression that the A5 uses a variety of upgraded parts. I could be wrong about that. You should consult your Anthem dealer.
You are right I will have to talk to my dealer. It may very well be that they use upgraded parts and it may be worth the extra money. Did you happen to listen to both amps before you purchased or no.