Any experience with Tannoy loudspeakers?

I need feedback fro Tannoy owners.  Did you satisfy with bass extensions   ? soundstage
128x128bache
@atmasphere , like it or not, certain loudspeakers are better than others with certain genres.

Some are just plain better full stop.

Now don't bother me again, not whilst I'm listening to Queensryche and System of a Down on my beloved ESLs..
like it or not, certain loudspeakers are better than others with certain genres.

Some are just plain better full stop.
Well I wouldn't like it if it were true. It would mean I need over 100 speakers to play one music collection :)  But it is true that some speakers are just plain better, full stop. I'm running a set of Classic Audio Loudspeakers which are 16 ohms, go to 20Hz and are 98 dB 1 watt/1 meter. The first breakup is at 35Khz, so they are fast, smooth, detailed and image great. Massive Attack, Global Communication, Fields of Nephilim, King Crimson, The Academy of St. Martin in the Fields and the Tallis Scholars all sound great on them.

A great speaker plays anything.
I'm surprised this thread is still running. Ralph is absolutely right. The only thing my HPD's won't play well are the lowest pipe organ notes. All else is fair game.

I recently had my old Assemblage Audio SET 300B worked on by Paul Birkeland, the designer for Bottlehead. He replaced some bad Blackgate caps, and adjusted the filament voltage to the ideal for use with my EML XLS 300B tubes. He was surprised to learn the output transformers are Magnaquest, which partially explains why it sounds so good. It's been about three weeks since the recap, and now the bass is the best it has ever been, except when using an 845 amp hooked up to the system. That amp is now being overhauled by Paul, that will be an eye/ear opener when it's done.

Music is now better than at any time in my 45 year involvement with audio. I remember when I started getting serious about having a system that would really do it for me (when I was nearing retirement). I never dreamed it would be this good, and not a single bit of it over $5000. It can be done, especially with some DIY. 

Best regards to all you Tannoy lovers, and to the rest of you as well.

Regards,
Dan
Thanks for everyone sharing their thoughts on hard rock/ metal with Tannoys. I appreciate it.

The number one quality, bar none, that I look for in musical equipment is emotional connection with the music I enjoy. So I'll be curious about checking out Tannoys, as I'm under the impression that's a strength of theirs for some.

One thing I didn't hear though...are Tannoys good at lower volumes? Or do you need to play them at higher levels before they come alive?