Anyone hear pass XP27 phono preamp

Hi

Anyone hear pass XP27 phono preamp?

I currently have the xp17 but thought separate power supply in xp27 might make big improvement similar to upgrade xp12 to xp22

Very little press on xp27 ....likely will audition just curious anyone try it..
128x128karmapolice
I am currently auditioning the xp-27 as potential upgrade to xp-17..

It certainly gives you more of everything and clearly better than the already very good xp17....the bass was already excellent and now its sublime....I think midrange improvement obvious too....cannot imagine finding better bass 

The harder question is it as good in midrange as other phono similarly priced.....oddly not many phono preamp with XLR output which my line stage prefers....
@karmapolice , I'm interested in your continued thoughts on the 17 vs 27. I was planning to step up to the 17, partly because the 27 is (to me) quite a bit more money. I know it's a subjective question, but I'd like to know if you think the 27 is so much better than the 17 that you "couldn't go back" to the 17. Or is the improvement more along "if you can afford it you'll appreciate what it can do" as opposed to "find a way to afford it!".
Hi,

The xp27 has only recently broken in but initial impressions is it takes a excellent system to another level but xp17 is easily enuf unless plan to mate it with other references quality gear....

if I had the xp12 line stage then I would stick with xp17 but since got xp22 now feel xp27 is same level and there is synergy there...

Well, I have a VPI Avenger with various arms and carts and a Pass XP-20. Not sure if the jump to the 27 would get me enough the justify the difference in cost. Kent English and (I'm pretty sure) Desmond own and are quite happy with the 17.