Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
pops,

Thanks for the additional info on the MIT EVO's! Your description sounds great, though they are somewhat expensive - at least in terms of what I'm used to. Finding the balance between musical and resolving seems to be the holy grail of cable design, and the EVO's seem to achieve that in your system.  
ronkent,

I agree about the need for cable burn-in. The Clear Sky IC's I have were burned in by the dealer before I received them.

I would be very pleased to have a cable in my system that was "relaxed," "detailed," and "natural" sounding (as you described the Clear Reflection in your system).
sdl4 - an outsider you might consider is Morrow. I ended up outfitting my studio with Morrow ICs and speaker runs. My comparisons weren't terribly extensive, but I did read widely and compare against some old Kimber, Straightwire, OCOS, Mogami, MIT, Magnum, and Audioquest, all from the 1980s. I landed at Morrow's "4" series as their cost-effective sweet spot. Morrow direct markets with periodic discount sales and a generous return policy.
If you do give them a try, or if anyone else here has tried Morrow, I am interested in your reports. To my ear it meets your "relaxed, detailed and natural" criteria at a modest price.
Whats up everyone? I pick up my mint in the box 3.7s a week from Monday. I am so excited I can't stand it. I am currently researching and getting my cables together and got a really good head start thanks to RonKent, thanks again. I really appreciate the recent cable banter above, thank you all, very informative.

I have also been day dreaming about future upgrades and an email from RonKent got me thinking about and reading about sub woofers. I was just curious what the general consensus on subs was among Thiel owners, 3.7 owners in particular. How many of you 3.7 owners out there include a sub in your setup? Thanks

congrats bighempin!

I had the 3.7s for a few years and when I tried to replace them I listened to a long list of new speakers. I didn’t find anything that could out-compete the 3.7s.