Used 5ch Amp (Classe, Krell, Rotel)

Looking for a really good used 5 channel amp. I do not want to spend $1000ss on a brand new amp.
So far my brief research has led me to Classe 5200 and Krell Chorus 5200 and they are a little pricy even used. Not sure if I want to pay 4k for a krell or classe yet! I have listened to Parasound & Mac but I did not prefer its darkish sound. Currently I have dynaudio c20 speakers as 2ch and Paradigm center and 4 towers in the back and they are being powered by Rotel RMB 1075 and the preamp section is Arcam AVR 550. I do 50% music & 50% movies. Again looking for an amp that will sound much better than my current Rotel RMB 1075 amp! Any advise would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!
danimaz
I stand by my recommendation to get separates for 2 channel listening, but if you're stuck on getting a 5 channel amp, the best sounding and most "musical" one I have owned is my Lexicon LX-7 which I still own and use for surround duty.  Others I have owned are Emotiva XPA-5 Gen II, Sunfire Signature, Rotel RMB-1095, Krell Showcase, possibly one or two others I've forgotten.  They were all left pretty far behind when I went to a dedicated 2 channel amp for the mains, then monoblocks, and then a good 2 channel preamp. 
You might also consider the Proceed AMP5, I use mine to fill out my rear surrounds, its 125wpc @8 but doubles to 250@4, massive power supply, 3 trans formers, L@R are basically single chassis monoblocks, the Center and surrounds share one. Currently In my system I use Classe monoblocks ( (2)omega and CAM400)) to my LCR but the AMP5 was used for years in this roll. Its based on a Mark Levinson design. It is very heavy and high A biased, so runs a bit warm. I thought as a 2ch amp, the proceed was very nice, liquid and dynamic, a nice analog sound to it.
@danimaz Try to ignore the members who equate money with performance, or those who worship the alter of 2-channel above all else.

Yes, 2-channel, being dedicated audio, is going to make your Dynaudios sing, but you want the whole theater package so stick to your original quest. Again, as many on this thread have recommended:

ATI
Emotiva
Carver
Anthem
Classe (the Sigma is pretty good)
So, to balance out all these "pushing 2-channel or monoblock" opinions, I will definitely agree that 2-channel amps and monoblock amps are going to be far suprerior to the 5-channel amps. That is primarily because "power supply" is the biggest most important fact in an amp (it’s 65% of the sound). The size of the primary power supply as well all the power supply filtering that goes on in the amp is a HUGE determining factor of how good the amp sounds. The remaining 35% is a combination of circuit design, such as pre-driver, input stage, Class A biasing, etc.
----
That being said, danimaz would have to understand that this would be a staged approach, as he can probably only afford to get only one 2-channel amp or set of monoblocks now. Which means he would ultimately be spending $6-10K in the end if he wants that type of sound. Plus, he would probably have to deviate away from Rotel as an amp choice which means left/right and center/surrounds would now have completely different sonic signatures. This may or may not be an overall sound-killer depending on how the new amp integrates into the system - a whole other problem to consider.
----
So, with less than $4k desired on an amp upgrade, we have limited choices here. (unless he really wants to use this as a LONG TERM stepping stone). I will re-iterate some suggestions and agree with others on some things:
---
SimAudio Moon Aurora 5 on audiogon for $2740 - this was my original suggestion for a 5-channel amp that was less than Krell/Classe. The SimAudio gets good reviews and I think it’s a good resolution amp that is not as warm/dark as Parasound (which the OP has specifically stated he doesn’t like).
---
ATI - has very good attack, can be a good suggestion. Their Hypex n-core Class D amps are probably very excellent choices because ATI is one of the few that use a true linear power supply for the n-core modules (instead of switching power supply like most others). However, the nature of Class-D will not have the very high frequency resolution/air. Sound is extremely smooth and accurate though.

---

Emotiva - they definitely shoot above their paygrade, but they still do have compromises. I am very experienced with all generations of Emotiva. The "Gen 3" is good, but the main problem is that darn switching power supply. Lot’s of power, but a little bit hollow sounding bass and the sound isn’t as realistic. Their linear power supply amps are much better in my opinion (gen 2 or gen 1). XPR is pretty much their best amp. I can definitely get into a long discussion on the pros/cons and compromises of these amps.
---

Anthem - can be good, but I feel it’s lacking high frequency resolution (maybe not the new models).
---
Classe - could be good. However, my experience testing M300 monoblocks was that the sound was all there with the resolution, but it just sounded flat with no emotional engagement. Could be me, as others have loved their Classe, so don’t take my opinion as gospel.
---
Krell Chorus 5200 - excellent amp and excellent resolution, but the newer "sliding Class A bias" amps have a very smooth and liquidy sound. Very excellent if that’s what your after, but they are not necessarily a "realistic" or "resolution beast".
---
Lower cost Krell (such as Showcase or 2250) - very nice amps with excellent resolution, but sometimes could come across as thin/bright - depending on system.
---
Bryston - excellent resolution and extremely fast. Can sound thin/bright in systems that are too fast - would be an excellent pairing with a warm/slow preamp processor.

That being said, danimaz would have to understand that this would be a staged approach, as he can probably only afford to get only one 2-channel amp or set of monoblocks now. Which means he would ultimately be spending $6-10K in the end if he wants that typeof sound. Plus, he would probably have to deviate away from Rotel as an amp choice which means left/right and center/surrounds would now have completely different sonic signatures.

No. Not at all. My thought was to add a stereo integrated and done. Period. $2200 for something like a Hegel H200 and let the Rotel handle center and surrounds. Done. The H200 will scale the C20s to soaring new heights and HT still sounds great. The center speaker doesn’t match the L/R anyway, so worrying about matching amps is useless. My guess is, after adding the integrated the OP won’t even feel the need to upgrade further, but that’s just my guess. At least the C20s will finally be driven by proper stereo components, and since 50% of his listening is stereo, that’s a pretty big deal. If he wants, he can always sell the Rotel and buy a good-quality 3-channel amp, but I wouldn’t. The Rotel is fine. BTW, there’s a nice H200 available now, and it’s got a HT bypass so will just drop nicely and seamlessly into the existing system.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323589727096?ul_ref=http%253A%252F%252Frover.ebay.com%252Frover%252F1%252F7