Does anyone use wood for vibration control?

What kind of wood have you found to be best?
bksherm
In fact, steel springs don’t vibrate much st all when compressed any more than a tuning fork vibrates when you grab the prongs with your fingers. If you worried about the springs or anything ringing a little when you strike it with a small hammer just don’t strike it with a hammer while music is playing, you’ll be OK. The real problem arises when you attempt to damp springs. Only damp the top plate or the component. The springs need to be free to move, unrestrained, undamped. Most iso systems have too much damping and or too much friction. Besides, why is Michael suddenly concerned about springs vibrating? I was under the assumption he wanted vibration free to roam wherever their little hearts 💕 wanted to.
Gee, I almost forgot. The mass-on-spring isolation is more effective for higher frequencies than for very low frequencies, as I got through explaining recently. So, even if springs ring a lot, which they don’t, those higher frequencies wouldn’t make it up through the iso system much at all. A bog standard iso system is at least 99.9% effective for frequencies about 30 Hz. It doesn’t take a brain surgeon 🧠 to see whatever frequencies ringing occurs at will not (rpt not) get through. Not to mention my Phase 2 for the comprehensive plan for dealing with vibration - the use use of effective damping on the top plate, to damp ANY residual vibration from any source. Anyone still not follow raise your hand. 

The LTR Tuning Blocks just went in the system. I'll report on the sound more soon but the first listen is more even throughout the frequency range bottom to top. Bigger soundstage and more music wrapping around to the back of my listening position.

fun stuff

Michael Green

"Like Robert at Star Sound Michael Green believes that there is no such thing as isolation. I.e., you cannot prevent vibrations from coming up from the floor..."

"I believe Robert at Star Sound used to say...….“There’s no such thing as absolute isolation.”...….I suppose he was trying to say since it can’t be absolute why even try. Or some such nonsense."
...and then in the next line...

"While it’s actually is true that even the very best isolation techniques do not block 100% of ALL vibrations..."
What we have here is universal agreement between both relevant, and one unsuspecting, parties.