Remote control of hidden components?

How do I control my gear with remote if it's hidden behind cabinet doors? HT novice so be kind.

Is there a device that plugs into the rear of the BDP, Receiver,... (isn't there an IR plug on the back?) and another part sits on top of cabinet? Something simple, not expensive. Then there's the four remotes I have also. There has to be an inexpensive solution for this without getting too complicated and messy.

Thanks
sakahara
Did you look at the Universal remote package I mentioned above? It sure looks like it would solve all your problems since it's a great universal remote, includes RF, and is only 80 bucks at B&H. One of the advantages over the iPhone/IPad is that it has mechanical buttons so you can operate most functions without ever having to look at the remote -- drive by feel as it were. I can't stand having to look down at the remote every time I want to do something, but to each his own.
Sakahara,
I would love to see your HT setup. If it looks anything like your 2 ch, i bet it's beautiful!

Soix: I actually saw that before. It is a good, inexpensive solution. Just don't care for the style of remote. Do they have to design them w/o any aesthetics though.
I may try the Logitech Harmony RF, or their RF receiver with URC remote.

Streetdaddy: It's nothing special in terms of room set up. But it is clean and simple. If they allowed pictures here I'd post one.

Looks cool. Mines nothing like that. Just a plain room with low media console, hidden gear, table top LCR speakers, REL sub to one side, and soon to be wall mounted plasma. I'll have pictures later on.