Technics SL-23 TT opinions.. mated with Denon DL-103?

I was looking through Craigslist and found a Technics SL-23 for sale for $150.00.  Would this be a good table to mount a Denon DL-103?
128x128coachpoconnor
Zu audio produces a modified Denon DL 103 that is meant for a Denon VL-12 turntable. How does this combination fit into low compliance cartridge, heavy mass arm theory?

I must say that i am a big fan of Zu Audio speakers, also i like people at Zu Audio.

But regarding the cartridge i have to say they are NOT manufacturer, Zu Audio just replaced the stock Denon plastic body to a much better one made by ZU in USA. Their higher graded Denon is just selected stock Denon. Zu Audio has been selling Denon DL-103 in a custom body for years and the best arm for their cartridge was Audiomods (made in UK).

Before Zu Audio started selling modified Denon DJ tunrtable they did an excellent mod of Technics SL1200MK2, the stock arm was replaced with Audiomods and the cartridge was Zu Denon DL-103.

I’ve never tried that new Denon turntable, but with superheavy headshell, heavy mounting screws and maybe heavier counterweight the tonearm mass can be increased.

Personally i have no idea why anyone should use DL-103 if any vintage MM cartridge (same price) is much better than Denon.

But i know why Zu Audio are happy to make their modified version of Denon DL-103 and even modified version of new Denon turntable. I think it’s profitable and the wholesale price from Denon for Zu Audio is pretty low (i’m sure it’s a good business).

However, if you will visit Zu Audio show in USA you will see Sean Casey playing record from Luxman PD-444 turntable! The arm is Thomas Schick designed for low compliance Denon DL-103 and Ortofon SPU.

Being that the SL 23 was my first table years ago 
the OP should take note the speed adjustment pots all
seemed to become intermittent and require cleaning if not 
done so already. 
Regarding use of the 103 if you have it try it out, otherwise 
there are other more suitable at least on paper options.
@uberwaltz

When i bought the table it came cw 103 mounted to the Widow already so obviously I tried it even though theory said it should be awful.It was not and it was actually listenable. But not as goid as vintage mm carts which rapidly replaced it.

So why bother with it, on the wrong arm, if it’s "not as good as vintage MM" ? I just don’t understand the logic, even if the OP has DL-103 the arm is not optimal and the best result will be with higher compliance MM on that arm anyway. For this reason i’ve mentioned DL-107 MM as alternative to Dl-103 MC for his arm if "Denon sound" is what he likes.

I was relating my experience but you seem to only want to take oblique sideswipes at me instead of seeing my post for what it was.But here you go Chak if it will help you sleep tonight.

I never sleep

DL-103 on Black Widow is the worst nighmate i can imagine. The worst ever could be only Ortofon SPU

Chakster
For Heavens sake!
You are just polluting this thread now in your vain attempt to have the last word!
You obviously will never actually comprehend the meaning of my post whether deliberately or not.

It was already mounted on the arm when I received it or are you going to SERIOUSLY tell me you would not have tried it just out of curiousity? ( no answer required......)

It was an example for the op that just because theory says it should not work, do not always let that stop you experimenting as you just never know.

It was on the assumption the op ALREADY OWNED a 103!

Now we know he does not it is a moot point.

So just give it a rest!