Better sound with ethernet cable?

I'm presently streaming music WIRELESS from my WiFi router to my Yamaha receiver.  I was told I would get better sound if I ran an ethernet cable. It's a fairly long run, maybe 50 feet total by the time I fish down through the basement and back up.  Before I drill holes and fish through the basement, I may just run it across my living room and see if it improves the sound.  Also, in my manual there are two different instruction for hooking up to wired or wireless. Can I just plug in the cable now or will I have to re-connect through the wired instructions?  Thanks for any input.  Doug
128x128dwhess
My system is located about 50 feet from my router.  I tried streaming Tidal wirelessly and had problems with the signal cutting off and I had a lot of studering.  Once I hardwired using CAD6 the problems disappeared.  Video problems also went away.  Not sure if sound improved.
I ran a 75 ft cat 7 cable from my upstairs modem down to my music room to a switch to feed streamer, tv and OPPO.

Now is it better SQ?
Hard to say but for sure I NEVER suffer any drop outs or hang ups even on 24/192 streams so that's worth price of admission on its own.

But on my second system I do run the Aries Mini on Wi-Fi as it is closer to the modem and seems to be ok both on SQ and dropouts.

Instead of taking Ethernet cable or Mesh router Take your modem/router next to system. I hope your home has telephone point everywhere or extending new OPC is more economical & easier.
Not really practical as then would have the reverse problem of getting Ethernet to my home computer.... Which is up the big wooden hill where the modem lives.

So in my case would involve a 75ft cable one way or another.

And I know for a concrete fact my home computer dl a lot faster on hard wire than Wi-Fi.