Does anyone use wood for vibration control?

What kind of wood have you found to be best?
bksherm
Glubson, there are steel coil springs, steel leaf springs, gas shocks, oil filled gas shocks, air springs. They’re all springs. To qualify as a spring they have to behave as a spring. And they certainly do behave as springs - otherwise they wouldn’t work. Proof by inspection. 🤗 I don’t mind running a class on remedial physics.
geoffkait,

I get it. You simply do not get it. Your comparison of whatever with car shock absorbers was unfortunate choice as car shock absorbers have changed/developed since 1965. Proof by inspection. Much more goes into them than a semantic game of the word "springs" would make you believe.

Your example is quite good when oversimplified, thinking of two coil springs on top of each other and ignoring the fact that less of a spring will yield similarly unpleasant result. When picking and choosing, try to make sure you do not leave out something important.

With understanding of your misunderstanding, but continuing the word game you play not-so-well, I would like to remind you that there are no sound waves at all. They do not exist. Can you wrap your thoughts about that? Hint: take a physiology book, Wikipedia will make you confused. As it frequently has.
midareff135
No wood here. I use sorbathane feet, spikes, lead weights and such.

>>>>>You might want to peruse what I wrote earlier today here regarding Hard and Soft materials for use in audio situations.
While an Anechoic Chamber is a great place to analyze sound and sometimes benificial in some aspects of recording - not such a great environment to listen to a live performance, as is completely dead and sterile.
The floor in my listen room is carpeted, with heavy acustic drapes on the wall behind the speakers and otherwise normal furnishing - sofa, recliner, coffee table etc. My system is set up on a relatively cheep, but sturdy 3 shelf rack, I have had great success using grade A, 2" slab cut, Black Walnut boards (approximately 18W x 15D) isolated from the rack shelves with 1/4" felt/rubber iso pads. The components are  coupled to the boards using brass cones, with a thin felt disc between the base of cones and component.
I agree with what Michael and others have said, while taking care of unwanted resonance is important, we can sometimes go too far -  live music, in its' real environment, is full of resonance and texture, not dead and sterile.
Am plenty happy with my system, rack and room as they are now. I  could have spent a lot more money to get the same or lesser results and as is - my system, in my room, has just the right balance of detail and clarity with enough fullness and lushness to be musical and  engaging......Jim