Does anyone use wood for vibration control?

What kind of wood have you found to be best?
bksherm
"wood vibrates". The appropriate phrase would be wood resonates. Just like almost anything. The key is to find out how to integrate any material's resonate property and have it gel with an audio components resonant property.
geoffkait said:

>>I haven’t misused a word since 1975.
Someone must have hacked into his account. No other explanation for this.

Hacking Audiogon accounts? What is next? Hacking daycare Wi-Fi?
When it comes to vibrations and topics touched here, one more time. Audio/sound is vibration. No vibration=no sound. Is anyone really disagreeing with that?

The issue that geoffkait, and maybe someone else, is clumsily bringing up is influence of some other environmental vibrations on those "pure" sound vibrations. They surely exist, try listening to music with or without jackhammering in the vicinity and notice the difference. Now, I will not go into how (un)noticeable tectonic movements would be during a movement of an amplified symphony.

One is promoting adjusting the sound for better by applying "controlled" vibrations while the other one is, more or less, saying that any extra vibration will undoubtedly influence the sound in a negative way.

I can see that guessing, or gaining enough experience for a reasonably accurate educated guess, may be a tedious and time-consuming project when applying those "controlled/desired" vibrations. I cannot see why any external vibration introduced to a system has to be negative. It is all about personal perception, after all and that one is hard to quantify.

So, no vibration is no sound. At the same time, additional/environmental vibrations are best when they are dead, if your goal is absolutely pristine signal coming from whatever source there is. It is just that you may not like it, after all.

All my equipment sits on its own bamboo butcher block from IKEA. Between the component and shelf I use a mix of Daedalus DiD isolation devices and Cardas myrtle blocks that I’ve modified by using a spade bit drilling out enough to place steel bearings - 4 small first then one larger bearing that supports the bottom of each component. I’m very happy with the results and have spent a lot of time experimenting and listening. On the power amp I use hockey pucks between it and it’s bamboo butcher block. Rack is made with all-thread, continuous threaded rod legs and 1 1/2” thick baltic birch shelves.