Question for Merlin VSM/ARS Sonum owners

Hi all,
What did you have (preamp/amp) before convert to one piece Filarmonia ?
Is this Filarmonia sound that good with VSM?
I currently run my VSM-MXe with Cary SLP-05 with Cary CAD-120S (both are Stereophile Class A rated if that matter) - My CD player is Cary 306-200 - Using Cardas Golden Ref balanced cable thru out system.
Wonderful sounding in short -
Now I have a thought of trying Filarmonia to save some rack space (1 vs 3), cable, and $$ as well
I would like to know what you have before ARS Sonum and your comments
TIA
Thuan
128x128thuan98
I had a Thor TA-1000 mkII pre and Art Audio Jota monos before I got the Fila. The Fila was an improvement across the board. I also just got the upgraded BAM and RC's, and my system sounds like the best of tubes and s/s. Refined and transparent like the best tubes, but weighty and fast like the best s/s. It's an amazing little integrated. I plan to gradually upgrade my cables to Cardas Clear and may eventually get the Merlin sub that is apparently in the works, but as far as my basic setup, I'm done.

Word of advice: If you decide to go for the Fila, and you only intend to run one source, do not get the tape loop option. Otherwise you will need an extra pair of interconnects.
Thanks for response,
If you need a sub to cover bottom octet, get a REL Storm III. This is what I have, blend in very well with my VSM.
BTW: I have the super BAM which has both RCA and XLR in/output
Not saying the Fila is better than what you have, but it is certainly a great pairing with the Merlin, between ergonomics and money in your pocket, I don't you will be dissapointed. I made the move from CAT amp and pre to the Ars, and in terms of musical satisfaction I thought the Ars was right up there. If you want to improve on what you have and the Ars, I think you would need to make a move to OTL amps (Joule or Atma-sphere), but for many, they could just live with the Ars and not think twice about it. I do prefere the Atma-sphere separates, but you are talking 3x $$$, alot more tubes and heat, and space.
Preamps:

Yamaha C2

Sumo Athena

Blue Circle BC3

Blue Circle BC3000(Special Edition)

Hovland HP100

ASL TwinHead

Amps:

Adcom 565's

Classe 15

Plinius SA100 Mk2/3

BAT VK75

BAT VK75 SE

ASL 1009's.
I'll bet that Plinius SA100 sounded good.I just auditioned an Ayre,CJ MV60se,and Canary.All very good,but I see why tubes are recommended.Happy Easter,bob