Does anyone use wood for vibration control?

What kind of wood have you found to be best?
bksherm
geoffkait:

So you're just misusing the word 'seismic' to include "other very low frequency vibration produced by other sources..."

Nobody cares.

Are you pretending to be dense? If so you’re doing an excellent job. 

So Geoff, it appears you keep going on both sides of this fence "is audio vibratory or not". There are like 3 or 4 threads you are on right now saying "kill vibrations", then someone comes up (me included) saying "audio is vibration if you kill it you won't hear anything". We are referring to all forms of audio along the audio pathway.

I'm sorry my friend but how can you be on both sides of this fence and still make your points? If audio is not vibratory why would you need to isolate it? If it is vibratory and you kill it, it will not produce audio.

When one goes up and reads these threads it's like watching someone playing on both sides of the tennis court. I'm definitely siding with glupson, audionuttoo, Tj and others on this one. Audio is vibration and if you kill it (anywhere in the audio chain) you're killing the sound itself.

Michael Green

http://www.michaelgreenaudio.net/  

Nope, same side. External vibration interferes with and distorts the electrical signal in wire. It does so whether the electrical signal is in the power cord, internal wiring, capacitors, transformers, speaker crossovers, speaker cables, interconnects, digital cable, what have you. As for the electrical signal in wire itself, it’s not (repeat not) vibrating. In an AC circuit it is alternating, but not vibrating. Follow?  What you hear from the speakers under normal conditions is relatively distorted - unless you’ve taken steps to reduce or eliminate external sources of vibration in the audio system by incorporating a comprehensive program of vibration isolation and damping. That’s what I mean when I say, the only good vibration is a dead vibration.

"As for the electrical signal itself, it’s not (repeat not) vibrating, but it is oscillating or alternating."

Actually both oscillating and alternating are "Vibratory" according to our physics books. But using your Vibratory language if you killed the oscillating or alternating the sound would stop correct?

mg