Magnepan 1.7

Anyone actually got their hands on these yet? What is is your opinion/experience after hearing these in your home. What about placement issues? I am thinking about buying these. Thanks.
darkkeys
"11-11-10: Charlesjnicholas
I've had my 1.7s for nearly 3 months and have several hundred hours on them.
I'I much prefer them to the B&W 802Ds, Usher 718s, KEF 201/2s and Apogee Duetta IIs I've used in the same listening area over the past several years and would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking at speakers selling for less than $10k"

I am a happy owner of kef reference 201/2.
I bought them for my small room but now I have to move to a bigger one.
In the bigger room they lack some body and are a bit lean for my tastes.
Is it a downgrade going from kef ref to magnepan 1.7?
I will drive them with pass labs x150.5
thank you
Nikos
(I love the martin logan sound, if that makes any difference...)
Have you experimented with SETUP? Panels can require some patients in that department.
Also, flip 'em around. Adjust toe. Adjust front wall spacing.

Keep track of what you try.
Hey Magfan,

Are you out there?

You may remember that I received my Maggie 1.7's just after Thanksgiving and originally set them up with the tweeters on the outside.

Since then, the speakers have about 100 hours on them so I decided to start playing with the setup.

I just switched the speakers today so that the tweeters are now on the inside.

Fantastic improvement! The sound is tighter, more focused and more detailed. It is an amazing change.

For example, I have a Willie Nile CD called "House of a Thousand Guitars". The sixth track is a song called "Now That The War Is Over". Christopher Hoffman plays a cello line that you can hear underneath the piano and vocals.

It was...well...indistinct with tweeters out. With tweeters in, the cello sounds like a cello and you can almost feel the bow on the strings. There is amazing texture to the sound.

Wow!
Excellent result, Dsper.
Just a little messing around and a FREE upgrade.

Now, if you're in the mood for some futher furniture moving, try listening to the pole piece side! Again, I prefer tweeters in, but that shouldn't matter to you. Your room. Your ears.

Have fun.

Try it?
You are right - a free upgrade in about five minutes!

I am going to savor this for a while before I flip them from front to back.

Just seems a little too far out for my sensibilities at this point!