Need your LP purchase assistance

I will very shortly be adding analog to my existing system. While I have over 1000 cds, I have no vinyl. I'm hoping that you analog guys can steer me to a soldi 50-75 LPs to start off as the backbone of my LP collection.

I'm looking for your top 3-5 that are jaw-dropping lps in terms of sound reproduction as well as content. I have a highly resolving system and am counting on your response to give me a reason to keep my analog gear as well as digital.

Thanks for your assistance. :-)
fplanner2000
Post removed 

IMO the first LP anyone should buy is any ol’ direct-to-disk. Not for the musical content (many of them are not good in that regard), but because of their INCREDIBLE sound quality! On the other hand, doing so will set the bar so high that most other LP’s will thereafter sound mediocre in comparison.

As for good music in good sound, those two criteria are all-too-often mutually exclusive; a lot of my favorite music was unfortunately recorded indifferently or worse. But there are exceptions: A Meeting By The River on Water Lily Records (featuring the playing of guitarist Ry Cooder); Shoot Out The Lights by Richard & Linda Thompson; Where’s The Money by Dan Hicks & His Hot Licks; The Band (aka the brown album) by, duh, The Band; My Life by Iris Dement.

For Classical: Vivaldi’s The Four Seasons by The English Concert directed from the harpsichord by Trevor Pinnock (CRD 1025), or any of his harpsichord recordings on that same UK label; any LP on Harmonia Mundi USA. (lots of Baroque). Holst’s The Planets conducted by Sir Adrian Boult (E.M.I. ASD 2301); Richard Strauss’ Also Sprach Zarathustra with Fritz Reiner conducting The Chicago Symphony Orchestra (RCA); any of the LP’s on the ARK label out of Minnesota, recorded by speaker designer Robert Fulton.

@viridian not aimed at you at all, just my opinion and unfortunate luck of the draw....Just yesterday I finally got a pristine AP / QRP Gregg Allman - Laid Back.....did a lil jig I was so happy to be WRONG !!!!

you should join us in that thread, I for one would value your inputs. Sure there are some Champagne tastes and budgets but lots of celebration about the $1 ( or less ) bin diving / thrift shop scores...

have fun, enjoy the music. I have Linda belting it out at 33 and a third....” Willin “
 @bdp24 ARK nothing for sale on discogs....argh...I keep looking..

I would add to the D2D comment some direct to metal masters
Post removed