Need your LP purchase assistance

I will very shortly be adding analog to my existing system. While I have over 1000 cds, I have no vinyl. I'm hoping that you analog guys can steer me to a soldi 50-75 LPs to start off as the backbone of my LP collection.

I'm looking for your top 3-5 that are jaw-dropping lps in terms of sound reproduction as well as content. I have a highly resolving system and am counting on your response to give me a reason to keep my analog gear as well as digital.

Thanks for your assistance. :-)
fplanner2000

Showing 5 responses by tomic601

willin and the creek don’t rise, I can get a copy of that cover of Willin !

small chorale and organ, sounds like my mobile recording rack ( I store it at the church ).... eventually I will hunt an ARK down...
 @viridian I rolled my SOTA and vinyl collection to older brother in 1986, so he has custody of the OP of Laid Back

my collection aka substance abuse is meager by Audiogon standards, so duplicate comparative pressings are as yet, rare for me - hence my heavy reliance here on experts with deeper collections !
discogs is like crack....
 @bdp24 ARK nothing for sale on discogs....argh...I keep looking..

I would add to the D2D comment some direct to metal masters
 @viridian not aimed at you at all, just my opinion and unfortunate luck of the draw....Just yesterday I finally got a pristine AP / QRP Gregg Allman - Laid Back.....did a lil jig I was so happy to be WRONG !!!!

you should join us in that thread, I for one would value your inputs. Sure there are some Champagne tastes and budgets but lots of celebration about the $1 ( or less ) bin diving / thrift shop scores...

have fun, enjoy the music. I have Linda belting it out at 33 and a third....” Willin “
Join us in the music section

whats on your turntable tonight thread...,,

the great advice i got when building an analog system apart apart from my reference digital system was don’t duplicate- use analog as a growth opportunity....

also a dissenting opinion, 80% of my Analogue Productions pressings have significant defects...,

and buy a good record cleaning machine....