Revel Ultima Salon 2

How good are the  Revel Ultima Salon 2 Some reveiws say there better than the IRS Betas
128x128jj77
Hey guys,

Sorry to resurrect an older post, but curious if any folks have driven the Salon 2s with a Hegel H30 amp (I see Steve59 is driving them with the Hegel H360 integrated, which is a good sign). I'm still months away from buying a new set of speakers (right now using my existing pair of AV123 RS760 Onyx Rockets... which are surprisingly revealing with every system change/upgrade I do). My plan to save $$ is to go the used-route, but of course that comes with limitations on the auditioning side. So I'd like to know if folks have found good synergy with the Hegel H30 amp and Revel 2s. My personal audiophile goals are probably the same as most folks here (I mean, who doesn't love clean bass, articulate, non-fatiguing highs, realistic midrange etc.) but one thing I'm longing for is system that can deliver a front-back 3D holographic soundstage and believable vocals... for me that's how the system "disappears" cognitively/emotionally. Ideally that midrange would have a touch of liquid-lushness to the midrange just to make it a bit seductive... I'd choose that over dry/analytical accuracy if I had to make a choice.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

p.s. cables are Ansuz C2 series (Power/IC/Speaker), DAC is Hegel HD30 and using Aurender N100H music server
My h360 is a terrific match for revels sometimes slightly dry mid range but my Hegel would get a little too warm driving the salon2s. I made an offer for a used h30 because besides my experience others have had great success with a single h30 switched to stereo driving the salon2. I think I would have kept the salons if I would have landed the h30. Axpona a pair was being driven by a couple tiny ice amps impressively. A holm audio room 
Thanks Steve,

When you got rid of the Salon2s what did you replace them with/have now? Do you still have the H360 integrated?

Thanks!

-Dave

p.s. one thing about the Hegel H30 amp (and DAC and Aurender transport) is that it can change sound dramatically based on power conditioning, cables, stillpoints etc. Every time I upgrade a power cord somewhere in the system or improve vibration control (like with the Aurender N100H) the whole system sound changes. And not always just degrees... sometimes in a fundamental way. It makes me wonder what the equipment, and H30 in particular "really sounds like". I honestly had thought the H30 was just not a good imaging amp and was ready to find something else... then a few power cord swaps and BOOM... solid, palpable center image and 3D soundstage. The day I ran dedicated 20amp lines (one for the amp, the other for rest of the gear) was a game-changer as well. I’d love to know what the product designers use when they voice for power conditioning/cables etc.
Selling the salon2 was as much a financial decision as anything. The room I heard them being driven by ml 400wpc monos was the best. I replaced them with the usher be-20dmd a speaker about twice as efficient as the revels and thought I was done building my system until a pair of DSP8000’s came up for a price I couldn’t pass on. I always wanted the big M’s and I like the way they load my room better than all the other speakers. I do still have the h360 but have it listed as a package deal with the ushers on another site. Once the ushers sell I’ll sell the Hegel and upgrade the 8k’s. Or  being a sick audiophile I’ll sell both speakers and buy some  Raidho’s. Love this hobby