Disco...yep, I'm going there

We've all read the comments about disco music, most seem to heavily weigh on the side of "it sucks". I cannot say how many times I've read that two word remark......yet, without any explanation. One thing for sure, that era defined our consciousness and is an important part of our musical history.

Frankly, I love listening to several artists from that era ... Bee Gees, Donna Summer, KC & The Sunshine Band...………..

I really can't understand how anyone can listen to these artists and not be moved to get up and dance. That IS an emotional connection. The exact connection most of us long for. So, what's the problem?
128x128slaw
I went for the girls. Still have my "Disco Sucks" shirt around here, unless my wife thew it away.

The worst of all those musicians was the most popular. Says a lot about people, and of course me. :)

Also, It wasn’t Disco that changed music at that time, it was Punk! London Calling broke my brain.

@dbx01 You would lose that bet. But you also made a few good points. 
If you like disco, that’s cool with me

In the late 70's I had just turned drinking age in Canada.

Still vividly remember going to The Ports in North Toronto.

It was a night club with two sections - Rock and Disco - side by side.  

We would stay in the Rock section till - say 11:00 pm .

Then we would mosey along over to the Disco section, because that's where the dancing girls were.

In those days the girls never asked the guys to dance 8^( - not like today 

But there was a better chance in the disco section. lol.

Remember a GF trying to get me to buy and wear Jordache jeans instead of my Levis. Just for one night.

The Jeans were a strong symbol of the era.  

The other strong memory is when a cousin came here from Europe, and I had to buy some records he would enjoy.  Disco was big there he told me.  

So I headed to Sam the Record Man in downtown Toronto. The Madonna album was recommended to me, along with a couple others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThHz9wlBeLU

This rocker was new to it all. 

I liked the Bee Gees best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY

I have found something of remarkable value in every music genre, including funk and disco.