Jay's Audio transport

Hi again. Yesterday I started a thread regarding replacing my CEC TL2 transport. I received many helpful suggestions so far and thanks. However my question is directly related to the Jay's Audio product. Are they new to the market? If not how long have they been around? Not much info out there on them other than  one 6 moons review ,and here on Agon.
I spoke with Mike from Mike Powell audio yesterday when I discovered the Jay's Audio transport. He was helpful and raved about the product. Unlike the US rep for CEC he was like trying to extract a answer from a.potato.
I guess were I'm going with this thread is does anyone here have any more info regarding Jay's Audio? I guess I don't want to purchase a fly by night Chinese electronics builder that won't be around for support several years down the road.
Thanks Mark
markum01
Along with buying a replacement CDM4 /19 I also decided to purchase a back-up disc clamp.  To me, the clamp looks like something I could accidentally drop, sit on, or misplace.  I ended up buying the clamp directly from Jays Audio and Vinshine is sending it.  
Since I was in comunication with Jays I thought I would verify the info for myself, so I asked:

"Thanks for the quick shipping of the clamping disc.
Could you please answer a question. Many potential buyers are afraid the CDM4 laser might break down, at some point, and the buyer won't be able to find a replacement. Because this could be a possibility I purchased a CDM4 /19 replacement laser - just in case.
Did I buy the correct model CDM4? If not, what is the correct model?

Thank you again,
Tim"

The answer from Jays

"Hi Tim,
You're most welcome. The CDM4/19 is the correct laser for CDT2-MK2 :)"

I used the link nonoise supplied in his post above - dated Nov 30, 2018.  My cost with shipping came to $43.58.
@garrard, meet Geoff. Now you understand why he has over 14,000 posts in the Forum. He’s always educating folks. 
I do like what I am reading on this transport and it is a thing of beauty, but why would this transport (or any transport) be better than a decent cd or dvd player with a good drive to read the discs then send that to a good dac? As the transport is feeding a digital signal of 0s and 1s and as long as these are fed correctly to the DAC - and given there is no conversion to analogue - surely it is the dac that is the determining factor?