Considering Vandersteen 3a Signatures

I have Spatial Audio M3 Turbo S which I enjoy but was recently considering trying the Vandersteen 3a Signatures.  I love the soundstage and the holographic feel of the Spatial's but I'm seeking greater clarity in the treble and more detail in the mids.  I am driving these speakers with a Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum with KT120 tubes.  The source is mostly analog via VPI Prime, Dynavector Karat and Parasound Halo JC3+.  Also digital via Auirender N100 and Schiit Gumby.  I listen to a wide spectrum of music, but mostly in the rock and jazz genre.

Should I expect a major difference in sound?  Any other ideas for speakers that would fit the bill?
128x128pg62
as an alternative to the 5a consider the VLR-Signature with the carbon tweeter and a sub 3 or two x 2wq
this works IF you have pre out / pwr in integrated OR put filter caps in integrated ( typically at factory or solid technician- Ayre does this for Ayre/Vandersteen owners for example )

this allows you to get a VERY refined tweeter / mid and with sub 3 Eleven bands of EQ to game room and with your integrated powering only above 80-100 cycles pretty fantastic sound...

just an option amoung thousands...how fun....
Awesome feedback.  Thanks.  I'm checking out the Primacoutic panels.  They're a hell of a lot cheaper than the Synergistic Research panels I was eyeing.  
Remember if you get your Ayre modded for the Vandersteens, you have to remod it for any other speaker with which to use it. 
IF. possible try to source your acoustic panels locally, shipping can often double costs. PM me as I have worked w probably ten companies across USA.