Klipsch Heresy II Special Ed VS. Vandersteen 2c

Howdy, 
I own a pair of Vandersteen 2c's which I really like but I also have a friend who's offering me his mint but original (no Crites upgrades) Heresy II Special Eds. I've never heard older Klipsch- how would you compare and contrast their sound? I had Klipsch KG5.5s and I loved how accurate they were but found them very fatiguing. I know most folks are collectors on here but I have limited funds and TBH space. As a renter its a bit challenging to constantly be hauling 3 full sets of gear around. Ha.

I should not that I have the following options for amplification:

- Sony STR V5 - underrated IMO
- Fisher 800c - potential match for the Klipsch 
- Nakamichi SR3a - Stasis/Nelson Pass
- Current= McCormack TLC --> 2 Marantz MA 500s  which will soon be powering Magnepan MG1s once I find better amp(s). (see other post) 

Thanks!
seaninatx
seaninatx,

I believe bdp24 is stating the Klipsch are livelier, flashier and.....perhaps more promiscuous.

Tim
Well if you like the Vardersteens you may not like the Heresy. I couldnt live with this or any other Klipsch speaker without major changes and even then I find them wanting in every category but dynamics. The Vandersteen is a wonderful speaker for the money and a classic design.
Well, the Klipsch will certainly "put out" more with the same amount of effort (power) put in. ;-)