Blue Jeans Cable Sound Good???

When people say Blue Jeans cables sound good.... what are they comparing them to?

Because the pair I just got sound pretty crappy....  compared to AQ King Cobra XLR / Emotiva XLR

Not trying to troll... I'm serious. What are these being compared to? Sounds like a thick layer of distortion hanging over my speakers...
128x128gbryant
A lot of people recommended signal cables and I couldn’t believe how bad they sounded in my system. Also returned. I dunno.

I really do like morrow cables...but haven’t explored anything else after finding these.
Post removed 
BJC represent good value at their priice point. No more no less.

They can be bettered if you are willling to put in some listening time with cables further up the food chain.
I have transparent thru out my system.  When I purchased a new receiver I decided to demo an audioquest digital coaxial between bluesound 2i and mrx 720, just to see what it would happen. Ive had this cable for 6 weeks. Without a doubt the difference was dramatic.  I will be putting the transparent back in the system and returning the audioquest. Audioquest is to bright.  Transparent was smooth.  And it's the bottom transparent cable I've had for 20 years.  I do have a question.  Without listening to the cable, is there any way to make a good choice of which cables to purchase, like amp power, receiver and speakers on regards to ohms, speakers etc... not sure if I'm asking the right questions.  Certain gage of  speaker cable. I see many talk about 11 awg and 10 awg. 
I have BJC LC-1's in my system, they are a good entry level interconnect.  I'm slowly upgrading my interconnects to Morrow Audio.  They seem to offer my cd player better sound than BJC or AC Cobra's.  Next up is the turntable interconnects.  Just get a cable that you can demo for awhile, then send it back if it does not sound better.  Good luck on your journey.