Worst Audio Injury !!

Anyone ever get physically injured because of your stereo? I was installing interconnects a couple years back and stood up quickly and hit my head on the corner of one of the shelves.I got a half inch gash on my forehead that seemed to bleed forever.When I switched from digital to vinyl I was used to the easy storage of CD's.I had my LP"s on the floor and one day went to bend down to get a LP out of the crate and tripped and hit my knee on the cornerof the crate.My knee still isnt right.And you?
david99
I recently built bookshelves and a console for my components. During all that time I was carrying plywood etc and my back started to hurt. Then I had to move my amp, 100 pounds, and tweaked my back again. A little later I was kneeling on the floor and lifted one of my speakers with steel base and spikes (130 pounds) and the pain hit me. I could hardly get back up.

It was mostly muscle spasm but with a sciatic/spinal stenosis component with referred pain down both legs (which is a bad sign). I could hardly move for 3 solid days. Had to sleep in a chair. Wife had to help me get dressed. Missed a day of work which I never do. Worst pain I've ever had and I've had broken bones and kidney stones. That's been over 6 weeks ago and I'm still not 100%.
The worst one I've ever heard of happened to a fellow audiophile's wife. He told me that he put on a Tom Jones recording and then nailed his wife between the speakers. 

Frank
I hurt my jaw pretty bad when it hit the floor when I heard The Intelligent Chip the first time. 🤕 
I dislocated my jaw laughing at Geoffkait's Teleportation tweek !!!!!!!!!!!
@jeffloistarca , "The drill fell off, and landed business end first on my bare foot, driving a Robertson bit right through just above my big toe. The bit was sticking out the bottom of my foot. I hobbled to the bathroom with the drill hanging out of my foot, pulled the drill bit slowly upwards, a which point I lost several pints of blood."

OMG! Ouch! 

I once nearly burned through the soldering iron cord and my hand in frustration as I tried to solder a missing capacitor on the back of a CD drive - don't ask!  Damn thing was tiny and I knew I was beat. Eventually got it done by a local electrical shop by an experienced guy who was leagues better than I'll ever be. 

@zorathustra , "Next thing I see is a bright flash, and a VERY loud "POP! CRACKLE!" sound. The current went in one arm and out the other, both arms and my chest tensed up so hard I thought I was having a heart attack. It was maybe a 1/2 second long, but it felt like about 10 seconds, before I broke the connection."

OMG! x 2.

I thought touching something live on the circuit board of my LP12 was bad enough. Took an effort to pull my hand free, and yes time seemed to slow quite dramatically.

I beg anybody reading never to mess with live electronics unless you are thoroughly experienced and have access to a well lit child and pet free work area PLUS superhuman powers of concentration.

Even then, please be careful out there - it's only audio, and we're only audiophiles.