Supratek or Don Sachs - which way to go?

I'm preparing to replace my SS preamp with a tube unit and have read with great interest many threads on this board. This is where I learned about Don Sachs model 2 preamps. They sound like what I'm looking for and those who own them consistently express their satisfaction with them.

Now I've just been reading and learning about the Supratek lineup. Wow. These also sound like fantastic works of art. Leaving me with a new question about which way to go. 

Thoughts? Advice? Experience? Anyone care to share?
128x128markusthenaimnut
Through researching and corresponding with others on various boards I came to think the 6SN7 was the tube I wanted as the centerpiece of whatever I bought.
Its an excellent tube- and nearly every preamp that uses it has gotten good reviews.
This is Mick, the manufacturer of Supratek. Firstly, I'm getting a bit sick of atmasphere jumping in with 20 year old pix of Supratek wiring , everytime Supratek gets mentioned. Am I that much of a threat?

Please direct me to the photo that I linked. OTOH, a photo of a current preamp would be better. I often recommend products that are not my own (as seen in this thread) and would be happy to recommend yours as well, provided I don't have to worry about someone that took my recommendation getting mad because a fire or shock hazard was present in that equipment because a component came loose in shipment or the like. I was unable to find any interior views on your website. As nice as they look on the outside, and as nice as they sound, shouldn't they look as good on the inside? Wouldn't you want to show that off?

Seems to me that any equipment is prone to a fire or shock hazard being present in that equipment because a component came loose in shipment or the like.  Such scare tactics work because they prey upon the fallacy that only certain equipment (here: point-to-point wiring) is susceptible to such breakdown when in fact it is true for all equipment that include soldered joints. In fact, it is more likely that a soldered PCB-containing equipment is more susceptible to such breakdown due to the nature of a soldered trace being inherently weaker than wire-to-wire soldered joints. 

And yes, point-to-point soldering results is “messier” wiring presentations than the corresponding PCB soldered wiring. If one wants aesthetics of what’s presented under the hood but never seen, then buy an all-PCB component. 

But I return to the warranty issues of the companies involved: 

1. Doug Sachs: Full 2 year warranty
2. Supratech: Transferrable lifelong warranty. 
3. Atma-sphere: Transferrable 3 year warranty

To me, the warranty is something that should not be ignored when evaluating equipment. Too bad all reputable manufacturers don’t stand behind their products like Supratech apparently does.   
celandar….."To me, the warranty is something that should not be ignored when evaluating equipment. Too bad all reputable manufacturers don’t stand behind their products like Supratech apparently does."

Agree with you, which equipment have you purchased because of its long warranty, Bryston, other?   
And yes, point-to-point soldering results is “messier” wiring presentations than the corresponding PCB soldered wiring. If one wants aesthetics of what’s presented under the hood but never seen, then buy an all-PCB component.
It does not matter if its point to point or not. Maybe its jut me but I want my audio equipment to look good inside.

http://www.atma-sphere.com/
We like the customer to be able to see that we take pride in our construction quality.
Marantz made their reputation that way:
https://www.stereophile.com/images/312listen.marbottom.jpg

Jetter: None of my audio equipment has a lifelong warranty. All of my Teo Audio purchases (a preamp and several IC’s) were influenced by coverage with a 5 year warranty, given the new technology used in their products.

Ralph: And the absence of a wiring photo should implicate an audio designer as not having pride in his construction quality?