How much difference will a phono stage upgrade make?

For the past couple of years I’ve slowly been upgrading my audio equipment. I currently have a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP integrated amplifier, an EAT C-Sharp TT with an Ortofon Quintet Black MC cartridge, and Tannoy Revolution XT 8F speakers. The weak link at this point, it would seem, is my phono stage, which is a Pro-Ject Tube Box DS. All things considered, my system sounds really good to my ears, but I can’t help but wonder what a phono stage upgrade would bring to the table. I’m looking at the Manley Chinook Special Edition MK II, which is a big step up in terms of cost, but I wonder how much better it will actually sound. Has anybody made a similar upgrade, and was there a marked uptick in sound quality?
12hz
I just upgraded ( bought used unheard but read reviews) to an Ayre P5 XE and was totally blown away by the improvement in sound so yes an upgrade should make great difference .
Dear @12hz and firends : Almost all in this thread are tube lover pre-historic/arcaic technology and is fine with me.

Note that I said " tube lovers " not MUSIC lovers. Because if you were/been true MUSIC lovers then all of you will stay out/far away from tubes.

Tubes can't ( the technolgy of tubes can't do it, is very limited for MUSIC and today audio standards to really enjoy MUSIC. ) honor MUSIC.
Which one of you tube lovers already has the first hand experience to stay/be seated in a live MUSIC event at NEAR FIELD position?.

Near field position means 1m-2m from the MUSIC source that's where normally the recording sessions/proccess microphones are positioned/seated.

Because that's the way we have to listen what comes out from our speakers. Live MUSIC is not sweet but brigth is not warm but agressive is not lush but with a full power we can feel it is not " organic " either.

So, if you like tube electronics then what you like is the hardware but not the source/software that's the star in each one of us room/audio system: MUSIC and its reality.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R:

@rauliruegas: 

Thank you for your considered and thoughtful input. I don’t think I’ll get rid of my tube gear just yet, but I always appreciate different perspectives.

Have a great weekend and yes, enjoy the music.

-12Hz
Keith Herron worked in the pro sound field for years, designing and making solid state electronics exclusively. He now makes solid state power amps for the consumer market, but when it comes to phono and line stages chose to go with tubes. He did so for a reason. Ask him, he'll tell you all about it. And yes, Keith is a music lover.
Post removed