Is there a difference in sound quality when streaming TIDAL Vs CD player

I hard wired my modem located in my family room using Cad6 cable to my Apple TV and direct wired my Apple TV to my ARCAM AVR550.  I have an OPPO 203 connected by both an RCA cable and by HDMI to my ARCAM.  

The dealer I purchased my ARCAM from told me to play my CD’s through my RCA connection and to watch DVD’s through HDMI.  If I listen to CD’s through the RCA, aren’t I using the DAC on the OPPO player rather than the DAC on my ARCAM and wouldn’t the DAC on my ARCAM be a better DAC.  My friend told me I should use a digital cable rather than an RCA to improve sound quality to utilize the DAC on my ARCAM?  If this is the case, wouldn’t the HDMI be the same as by using a specific digital cable?  I listened to my CD’s through the RCA Vs the RCA cable and I thought it sounded better through my HDMI cable.

i will be looking forward to your responses.

Thank you,
128x128larry5729
I wonder why the the dealer I purchased my ARCAM suggested I purchase an expensive RCA cable to listen to CD’s played on my OPPO U203?  I am guessing the DAC on the ARCAM to be better than the OPPO.  I did an A & B comparison with my HDMI cable and I thought it sounded better on the HDMI.

Since subscribing to TIDAL, I rarely play CD’s.

Another question.  Can you hear a significant difference using more expensive CD players?  If so, why?

surprised Wrench rated a turntable as number 1 for sound quality.  I was told digital has way more information to create detail then a turntable.  Plus, doesn’t tracking needle against the groove on vinyl create a lot of noise?
larry5729 "doesn’t tracking needle against the groove on vinyl create a lot of noise?"

No not unless something is wrong with the components, calibration, or alignment.
Since I have Tidal. I rarely touch my CD. Sound quality are the same. Now all CD are ripped to digital files and play with my Oppo 205. MQA definitely sounds better then 44.1k/16bit. Now I use Qobuz, HiRes music 96k/24bit sounds better than MQA. I also have over 2000 album of SACD. DSD64 sounds equal or better than 96k/24bit. Don't get me wrong, the music on CD sounds are very good indeed. But with Tidal and Qobuz, you own the music library which will cost you millions to collect. I still buy and collect CDs I like. 
Clear clear think,

i have ave been told vinyl loses so much detail.  I think CD’s sound so much detail.  I like the crisp highs like cymbals.  Wonder the same about tube amps.  However, they do sound warm.
I agree with junzhang10.  I rarely listen to CD’s anymore since having TIDAL.  Can’t hear much difference.  Maybe that’s because I hard wired everything.