Yamaha integrated amp as3000 vs Pass integrated

Hi ! I’m very interesting in the new line Yamaha AS3000 and want to hear other have compare it with some of the pass labs int , what are your thoughts on both of the gears , so far I been looking at a used totl Yamaha but I haven’t seen any come up used , it kinda rare here so it made me think that people must love and want to keep it , so what are your thoughts ?
atl4love
I get that many love Pass, but it is not universal. I don't think Pass is or should be the gold standard at all.

You are free to like it, but please keep in mind it is a personal standard, and most certainly not universal.

No one should buy a Pass unit without listening to it.

Best,

E
From what I have read, the as3000 is rated at 100w at 8ohm and 150w at 4 ohm. You should study your speaker impedance and see if there are any significant dips. I use the Marantz PM 11s3 which is conservatively rated at 100w at 8ohms and doubles to 200w at 4 ohms. Bench testing confirms both ratings are significantly understated. My Focals dip down to 3.2ohms at 100db. This integrated drives them beautifully. You can still find this amp used for around $2,500-$3,000. Built like a tank, but Marantz does not get as much love as some other brands. 
BTW, I have tried Pass (Int150), Hegel (160) and Ayre (AX-5). Ayre was the only integrated that sounded noticably better than the Marantz( although barely). At 2 1/2 times the price used I was happy staying with my Marantz. 
@atl4love
I have listened to the Yamaha AS-2100 for several months and thoroughly enjoyed its performance. I was using it to power Dynaudio Contour 3.4LEs at the time. Dyns are big on power and need a substantial amp capable of high current for them to really shine. I replaced a Primaluna HP dialogue that I had been listening to for about 4 weeks; I felt the As-2100 was a better match. Smooth, fluid, yet good dynamics and a nice hint of sparkle/shimmer that helps round out the sense of high resolution. The AS2100 was never fatiguing.
Fast forward; I now have Dynaudio Contour 30’s and recently tried a Luxman 507ux for weeks; If audio memory serves the Luxman is more resolving, higher degree of finesse and polish with incredible midrange. Luxman has a full sound that is pretty much complete. If I wasn’t such a giant audio nut, I would have just called it a day with the Lux...but this stuff is too much fun ;)
I felt the As-2100 bass was awesome and remarked that it sounded far bigger than the 90 wpc rating (mostly a result of high quality/ high current power supply with low output impedance);
I have read that the Lux 507ux is superior to the AS3000, and I don’t doubt that, but i’d venture to say the differences would be rather small; More of what flavor stands out to you, kind of thing;

I soaked in the 507ux sound for a while then changed up to a Pass Labs X150.8;
The Pass Labs X150.8 has more reach at the ends, even more inner detail, is more transparent, and power that just does not stop. It is also very smooth and natural; More neutral and uncolored than the Lux 507ux which may work for or against the sound you are looking for;
I have had for a year, the X250.5 and again, if audio memory serves the Pass .8 series stuff is significantly better in all the important ways;

Being at a decision point, I was about to go with a Luxman 509X, but decided to go full out with the Pass amplification and moved on to a new X250.8 and XP-20 preamp; This stuff arrives mid next week; I personally feel that Pass is at or very near the top of the game and pretty much delivers it all depending on how much you are wiling to fork over; Of course I have not heard everything out there, so this is just my opinion.

That being said, someday, I would love to try the 509X :)

at ~$4K for Yammie AS3000 vs. ???$$$ for Pass INT the answer to what will work better for you is heavily dependent on MANY factors (room acoustics, speakers, cables, SOURCE, etc);
The opinions on Audiogon are a great starting point and its generally a good resource, but in the end, go with your gut; if it does not perform in a few weeks, let it go and try the other thing. It’s all good!

Let us know what you decide on and how it works out for you.
Cheers