Choices narrowed Rogue RP-1 and Primaluna Prologue Premium Preamps

I'm leaning toward the Primaluna which is $500 more. Both have easy dealer return.

The PL looks to be more of a "lifetime" preamp, heavy build, tubes outside chassis. The RP-1 includes a phono section (I do not need) which leads me to believe corners may have been cut to keep price point. 

Both get great reviews....but my gut says PL. The Prologue is 97% of the higher end dialogue model from what I have been told.

My amp (https://www.optomausa.com/audioproduct/sta200)runs at 51K input impedance, which is meets the recommended minimum of 28k (Stereophile review).

I am eventually going to replace my amp (I purchased as a temporary replacement and later use in a bedroom system). However, the amp has such an enjoyable sound, I decided to upgrade my preamp first. I am having some noise issues with my Peachtree Nova Pre. 

Anyone else compare the two? Stereophile did and the PL sounds like what I am looking for. I know actually hearing is the ultimate test.

aberyclark

@aberyclark 

I am a proud owner of an RP-5.  I wasn't too thrilled with the stock JJ tubes and on Rogues recommendation, I purchased 4 NOS Mullard 12au7 tubes from Upscale for 60.00 each.  The sound is now to die for.  My only complaint is the plastic cheesy remote.  I would rather have paid a little more$$ if Rogue had offered a metal remote.  Enjoy your new toy.

Mine sounds great...HOWEVER...my Nuforce amp has high gain along with my 101db efficient ZU speakers, the hiss is really loud. You can hear in back of room (I talked to Rogue). I'm attaching some attenuators tomorrow hoping to tame the gain until I purchase a lower gained, small watt tube power amp