Need help with Blu Ray upgrade

I audtioned a Pioneer Elite bdp95fd in my system and was dispointed with the audio portion.
I currently have:
1 Denon DVD9000
1 Krell HTS
1 Krell Showcase 5 amp
4 Revel M20
1 Revel
2 Revel B15

The BluRay picture was much better, but sound was very lacking compared to the Denon DVD9000. I just want to improve the picture quality but I want the same level of sound as the Denon DVD 9000. I am connecting the TV with HDMI and the sound using coax into the Krell processor.
Would the Marantz BD 8002 meet my requirements?
I am also trying to hold costs down so I can buy new stereo speakers for my tube gear. I know my system is starting to get old but I am happy with it.

coxhaus
I was not sure how I wanted to connect the blueRay player so I bought the Oppo 83SE.
I received my Oppo BDP-83SE DVD player and I have tried it in my Home Theater system. It is going to stay. The picture is great what can you say it is BlueRay. Sound-wise it is better defined in the center channel than my Denon DVD-9000. I think the Denon had more air around the notes though. They are both using the same Krell processor with a coax. You would think they should be the same. I did not try analog because I do not have enough interconnects to hook up the Oppo player analog. I will buy some in the future.
Since I can not compare them, my Denon DVD laser quit and will only play CDs. I tried putting the Oppo BDP-83SE into my big stereo tube system against my Mark Levinson 2 piece. The Oppo is good but in a system of 40 tubes it can not hold its own. I guess it is not really fair comparison because it is apples and oranges. The Mark Levinson beats it all over and especially in the mid range. If I could make one change it would be a smoother mid range. I was using the same Audioquest Diamond x3 interconnects for both adjusting volume for single ended and balanced.
Your choice of the Marantz BD 8002 is a great choice. The Denon version(DVD-3800BDCI) will also fit the bill.

Bill