Looking for a pre-amp (Pass, ARC, BAT, Sim, PS Audio)

Hello,

I would like some recommendations regarding what preamp to try in my system where I currently have a PS Audio DSD, Pass x250.8 and a pair of Focal Diva Utopias with all synergistic research interconnects. Just sold a PS Audio BHK preamp which was pretty nice, but would like something a bit faster without compromising the stage of the BHK. By-the-way, it was noticeably better having the BHK in the system then not having the preamp at all.

I am considering the ARC 5, 5SE, LS28, or the BAT VK42SE, 52SE, 33SE, or the Simadio P7, P8 Or Pass XP20, 22 next. I don’t see my-self zeroing in on any other brand/models right now.  I listen all all kind of music on Vinyl, CDs and stream Tidal.

Would you mind sharing your personal experiences with any of the above preamps (especially to contrast and compare these models/brands together). Would really appreciate any advise on which of the above preamps to go for. Thank you!
Ag insider logo xs@2xjmarshak
toetapaudio,
You're a dealer for Mola Mola? The Mola Mola preamp with DAC card list price is $22K? It's my understanding a used Mola Mola preamp recently sold on Audiogon for $6K, which makes Mola Mola a very bad value no matter how it sounds.
I'm a long time Pass Labs listener so probably totally biased.  I recently changed from the XP10 to the XP22 pre.  As I had hoped, this change pushed my entire system in the right direction.  Even after several months in the system I am still hearing amazing things in recordings. Improved clarity, expansive soundstage, naturally musical.  Lovely.

The XP-12 is supposed to be quite good as well.  Enjoy the hunt.

-Karl
@ricred1 and others, I don’t know about US pricing but in the U.K. the Mola Mola Makua retails for £7k with the dac module an extra £4k and the standalone dac model, Tambaqui retails for £9k. Here, Mola Mola doesn’t drop in value anymore than any other brand does. So I’m baffled by those prices you quoted.
Ok update.  As alluded to above, I desided and just recieved the pass labs xp22 and connected it.  On first impression.. and its still cold and sounds somewhat lean but such a sweet sound...  lots of detail.  Looks like these are supposed to stay on for a while to warm up for the first time.  Will be back.
24 hour update:

Pass Labs recommends to have the XP22 warmed-up for 24 hours to get at close to full steady state sound.  It should be left on all the time.

So: After 24 hours of keeping XP22 on and acclimating, the sound of the system is definitely fuller and the soundstage really large. Very neutral sounding preamp with nicely extended, but controlled bass.  The mid range is well apparent and I keep hearing newly recognized nuances (threads) in every song I play.  But it's not so much that I have not heard these before, its more like they were not as prominent in the music before to warrant one to pay much attention to them.  

So, I think that the main benefit of the XP22 compared to the BHK (and It is what I was hoping for) is speed and the level of detail.  The BHK was an excellent preamp and I know that it's not fair to compare these two directly because of the price difference (also one is a hybrid while the other is a SS), but I am glad that I changed to the XP22! 

Thanks again to everyone for your inputs and recommendations!  If anyone has questions or would like more details about this pre, please message me.