Amp "timing" ?

I was reading someone raving about the impeccable "timing" of their high-end amp this morning.  I have heard this term tossed around several times recently in my dive back into highish-end audio. 

Can someone please explain what is meant by this term?  Is it snake-oil or confirmation bias?  I just don't understand how a human  can hear  a timing difference of a soundwave unless it's a 2nd+ order reflection.  

Thoughts?
dtximages
@n80 well with you, there are at least three of us that will get it....

nobody as yet bit on the Dylan, so my expectations are low...
I was reading someone raving about the impeccable "timing"
  Can someone please explain what is meant by this term?
It all starts with the source, if it doesn't have it then it can't be made up down the line properly, a device like the Schiit Loki can lift it artificially, but your not listening to a flat FR then

Cheers George
@stevecharm

The only maeasurable parameter that might, and I emphasize might, be involved here is the amplifier slew rate, that is, how many volts/microsecond can it increase?

Slew rate really doesn’t effect how “quick” the amp is, though it seems like it would. All slew rate tells you is how much wattage it gives for a frequency range.

If you have a slew rate of 24V/microsecond and you have 100W into 8ohm (~80 Vpp, ~28Vrms), that means it’s frequency range is about 48kHz (meaning it can accurately reproduce 86kHz sampling rate).

(2π • 48000 • 80) / (1,000,000) = ~24

It’s not 1:1 with the impulse/decay response.
I tried rolling tubes one night on impulse. Bad pitch. One rolled right into the amp, threw the timing off so much it slewed right into the Schiit. 
prat
noun (præt ) slang. incompetent or ineffectual person, a fool. Derogatory.

Accurately describes a fair segment of the audiophile community <weep>

IF someone speaks of the timing of a component, RUN, don’t walk away.
Systems have timing. Components only add or subtract from the overall effect. In one system, an amp could be stellar and another, meh. Change cables and reverse the rating.

Beginning with the microphone and continuing all the way through the loudspeakers, EVERY component introduces affects phase. Never forget there are probably two orders of magnitude more electronic stages contributing phase prior to the consumer source material. After that, player, cables, [preamp], amplifier, cables, louspeakers, ROOM.

Line conditions, temperature and load affect power supply phase, which contributes mightily.

Every so often the muses bestow their blessings and permit us to experience rapture.
When it happens, I expect to listen far into the wee hours.