Marantz SA-10 arriving Monday!

I've been hearing and reading all I can about this player during this last year. I have a 6005 right now and it's a nice player but not as good as my analog rig (10k) so it's not a fair comparison. Elizabeth mentioned that her SA-10 is better than her analog. I will be comparing the 2 SACD players side by side. I have at least 3 CD's in which I have duplicates. I'm fascinated about how the circuitry upsamples to DSD SACD. Well not exactly but somehow an improvement over Redbook CD. I have a 2" thick maple block coming in the same day for it. It's going to be a long weekend. I know it can't work miracles on all CD's. If there is jitter in the recording then supposedly you will never get that out. Speak up if I'm wrong about that.
128x128blueranger
blueranger

Does your SA-10 continue to bloom within your system?

Happy Listening!
Elizabeth

I agree- a Reference CD/SACD player should be considered and respected as a gateway product.  Happy Listening!
Yes it shines on almost all discs. By far the best player I have had. However I'm not selling my records.

blueranger

I am hip to the idea of not selling one's CD or LP collection.

It is a beautifully engineered player to be sure. Happy Listening!

blueranger
How ya doin' out there?  I wanted to update you for a change- I could not find a SA-10 here in the Southeast U.S., I purchased an Ayre DX-5 spinner.To my ears, the CD and SACD playback are superb. It is an easy endeavor matching to Ayre Twenty Series gear as well.