Planar/panel speakers to replace Carver Amazings

Hi All,

a while back, I posted a question titled “Secondary/“vintage” system speaker replacement options?” in this section. However, it didn’t get many responses.

However, perhaps the above simpler title will elicit more responses. Just trying again.

if you’d like more background info, please see the above titled post.

All the best and many thanks.
arsh
I say dont replace the amazings fix them.

possibly invest in an active crossover.
i have 2 pairs of amazings the platinums and the silvers.
I also have many other speakers, but i dont plan to sell the amazings or my dunlavys....    i still try new speakers, but like these 3 pairs the most.

Thanks Batman. I’m enjoying them very much. I think  getting them fixed is not going to be easy; I tracked down all these leads and the upshot is that I won’t mess with them unless the issue gets worse. The fix could make them worse. I am interested in the active crossover. How would one implement that? I don’t intend to part with mine either!
Look at the threads in DIYaudio . com in the multi-way forum, I think you'll find plenty of technical advice there, and a couple of possible sources.

I've seen long threads on discussions about the ribbon, who actually designed it, and who was making good replacement versions.