Do posters intend to hurt the feelings of other members?

It is usually the case that members engage in spirited, often passionate, discussions in threads. That’s normal. Regrettably, often those discussions veer off the tracks, where members are offended or genuinely have their feelings hurt by the content of others’ post(s). 

Do posters intend to hurt the feelings of other members? Your thoughts?
128x128celander
Post removed 
I just thought it would be handy to recap the why of the argument, the scenario or in-situ of the argument...(lots of recent science reporting bits were involved in that post. There is no self generated hyperbola. Well..maybe a little. We all gots flavours.)
elizabeth said:

"I’m reporting you, celander for saying "Folks will report anything". "

I’m reporting elizabeth for accusing celander of saying "Folks will report anything".

I find the word "folks" to be very offensive. Calling people "folks" is a microaggression and is on the top 100 list of words waiting to get on the official list of trigger words.

And if things couldn’t get any worse Google Chrome recognized the word "microaggression". Which to me is a microaggression.
That is so deep, the temperature rose 3 degrees by time I was done digesting it.
I'll go one deeper. I remember something that Dietrich Bonhoeffer (one of my absolute heroes) said:

"Where [the] discipline of the tongue is practiced right from the beginning, each individual will make a matchless discovery. He will be able to cease from constantly scrutinizing the other person, judging him, condemning him, putting him in his particular place where he can gain ascendancy over him and thus doing violence to him as a person."

I rarely have that discipline of the tongue (keyboard).