Preamps

I'm not unhappy with the Jeff Rowland Corus preamp,  but I don't know what I don't know. I'm currently looking for a solid state preamp with HT bypass to compare to my Jeff Rowland Corus preamp. I would like suggestions below $15K new list price to listen to. I have a Jeff Rowland 625 S2 amplifier, Antipodes DS GT music server and Chord Dave DAC. 
ricred1
It's my understanding that ARC preamps have issues when using a subwoofer and I have a JL Audio F112 v2 sub.
I think step #1 is to identify what you think the weaknesses of the Rowland are, and /or what you want further improved.
Honestly with out that its a crap shoot/
G

There were just too many recording where I really didn’t want the band in the room because the mastering sucked.

It shouldn’t be too hard to set the system up so when good recordings are played it goes source direct to poweramp, and you use the sources volume control.
But when bad recordings are played the source goes through an active preamp using it volume control that de-focuses them and makes them more listenable.

What’s needed is a source/preamp switcher to the poweramp/s.

Source direct outputs have to be disconnected from the amp inputs, and re-directed to the preamp inputs, and the preamp outputs then connected to the amps inputs. All done powered up with just one flick of a switch without any clicks, pops or bangs.

Cheers George
@itsjustme Very good advice.  Not figuring that out probably accounts for a majority of the constant component switching audiophiles undertake.  Having said that, it's something hard to do without experience.
Virtually all tube preamps are ‘not’ designed to drive a main and secondary amp(subwoofer). ARC addresses this on their website. I have a friend that has looked far and wide for for a duo amp driving tube pre and i believe vtl turned up as satisfactory but at a price. of course