Merlin TSM comparisons

Hi,

I've been reading up lately on all kinds of monitors, and have been intrigued by Merlin's TSM. The latest iteration is the mmi, I believe.

If you've heard the TSM lately, especially in comparison to other, current monitor offerings out there, I'd love to hear your opinions. I know that there are other Merlin threads on Audiogon but I am especially interested in hearing from folks who have compared them to others, especially if you've lived with them.
rebbi
This is why my next upgrade will be not be to better electronics, but to the current model Merlins TSM's.
Guppy, that's all good gear. With the Manley Stingray II I find the Merlin's amazing, but it's hardly inexpensive for an integrated amp. I usually leave it in triode mode which is barely pushing 20 watts and the Merlins sing, even at fairly loud volumes.
As I'll explain in more detail in my review, I also connected the Merlins to a Denon home theater amp! I won't say that the match was made in heaven, but I will say that the speakers still sounded fantastic....just less so than with the Manley.
I'm mostly at a loss when it comes to CD players for this system, at least for now.

Rob
My review of the Merlins is posted at....

http://carew.synthasite.com/

I think it's too long for Audiogon, but I will try in the review section!

Rob
What is the price range for the latest and greatest small Merlins?

Also I'm wondering if experienced MErlin users have opinions regarding which configuration in this range offers the greatest value?

I'm assuming the top of the price range offers the best and most refined sound in all cases. Is that an accurate assumption?