How much difference will a phono stage upgrade make?

For the past couple of years I’ve slowly been upgrading my audio equipment. I currently have a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP integrated amplifier, an EAT C-Sharp TT with an Ortofon Quintet Black MC cartridge, and Tannoy Revolution XT 8F speakers. The weak link at this point, it would seem, is my phono stage, which is a Pro-Ject Tube Box DS. All things considered, my system sounds really good to my ears, but I can’t help but wonder what a phono stage upgrade would bring to the table. I’m looking at the Manley Chinook Special Edition MK II, which is a big step up in terms of cost, but I wonder how much better it will actually sound. Has anybody made a similar upgrade, and was there a marked uptick in sound quality?
12hz
He's coming from a  Pro-Ject Tube Box DS. Could throw a dart, anything within range guaranteed to be a skin-tingling revelatory experience. Hard to go wrong with any phono stage at this level. Ought to make him very happy indeed.
chakster2,484 posts03-04-2019 9:56am
 You'll see that Kevin Deal highly recommends the Chinook with the Primaluna as a good match. 

Kevin Deal is a tube dealer, what else he can recommend?
He also a dealer of Manley Lab. gear

yes he does. He also sells dozens of other brands including SS preamps.  He isn’t recommending the chinook so he can get rich selling 4 replacement tubes. He’s making a solid recommendation as I and others have said.  

OP you will love it, I’m sure. Please report back!  And if you don’t, Kevin accepts returns. 
I rolled out of the ElectroHarmonix and Sovteks. Ive got NOS Telefunken in the phono stage now. Lush sound, but alot of rush at my listening levels

Phono tubes, especially NOS, are tricky to get right. I'm lucky to have a local tube dealer that brings a stash of tubes to my house so we can listen to them in my system before I buy them. The other way I have gotten great tubes is to call Andy over at Vintage Tube Services and see what he recommends. 
+1 on the Chinook. I have had it for a couple of years with 3 cartridges. Superb