Buy LED, LCD or Plasma

Going for a new TV. Any hints, warnings or advice? It will go over the fireplace instead of the rug there now.
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xalbertporter
01-29-10: Unsound
The Panny also has a TOSLINK output.

I know, and how I wish the TOSLINK output had variable output volume, at the same rate as the TV onboard speakers. Man would that make this simple.
That would make too much sense. :-)
Perhaps a DAC w/ remote volume control would do the trick?
Here's the gadget.

The battery replacement device goes into AT&T remote. When you use AT&T to transmit RF to U-verse box it works as normal.

When you use the AT&T to transmit IR commands to Panasonic, it works in place of the stock TV controller. (These commands are mute, vol up, vol down and on / off.)

When you turn volume up and down for TV, the IR controls TV (already stated) but the battery replacement device also sends RF signal to the extender box that flashes IR to the receiver sensor that will power existing in wall speakers.

http://www.nextgen.us/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=remoteextenderplus

In theory a totally seamless operation using same buttons as the other two remote in other rooms. She has nothing new to learn or change habit about. All three AT&T remotes in each room perform the same function with three TV's and enhanced sound in living room. (I hope).
Albert -

I see what you are saying. Does it have to use the RF? I have Dish net and you can set it to use IR or RF. If you can get it to use IR only then you can use an IR repeater so that you do not need to have line-of-sight between the remote and the unit it is controlling.

Nark