Amplifier for Harbeth 40.2

Hi,

I have Harebeth 40.2 speakers and looking for thoughts on amplification for them.

Currently I use the pass labs int-250 and like it but feel could be improved upon.

One recommendation was given by dealer was to go to separates and pass labs 350.8.  That would improve bass further but not sure would improve midrange where previous VAC integrated had advtg over Pass.

Another recommendation was Luxman 900u amp.  This probably gives me midrange improvement but seems less powered than pass pas int 250 and def far less than 350.8.

Michael 

radioheadokplayer
I have 40.1's and have used them with two amps.  First was a Primaluna Dialogue Premium HP integrated.  This amp was magical with them, but upgrade-itus got the best of me and I now run a Lyngdorf TDAI-3170 integrated with them.  The Lyngdorf is the best I have heard.  You should definitely look into this wonderful amp.  I mainly listen to analog through it and it's just awesome.  It's room correction is the difference.  It also has an excellent DAC built in that is pretty great.    
Also, I'm a huge Radiohead fan and have all of their recordings on vinyl.  The Harbeth speakers are an excellent match for their music.  Radiohead have pretty good dynamic range and excellent sonics in their recordings.  Harbeth speakers are meant to present the music as it was recorded, and I will attest to this in my experience.  OKNOTOK on vinyl is one of my reference recordings.  I often play the MQA version of this on Tidal for comparison.  Both sound wonderful.  
Radiohead99,

Harbeth 40.2 needed a lot of amp power and REL subwoofers to truly shine for rock music in my room ....

I found my previous VAC 85 watt tube integrated nailed the ballads and some but not all Radiohead music well....

Depending on your room the subwoofer might not be needed but would recommend at least a powerful solid state amp....
Recently heard Luxman and Harbeth at a show and it was love at first listen......
maguiar,

which luxman and harbeth...what music?  

I am a little surprised that an integrated luxman amp or even a stereo luxman has enough power to optimize the 40.2 for all types of music ....am sure excellent for some types of music.....on the other hand no doubt if run the luxman as mono amps would be an amazing but pricey combo
Luxman's, including the integrated amps, are considered very very good with Harbeth speakers.

I have to say though, it's not even close to my ears regarding Pass. I love my Luxman, and couldn't live with Pass.

Point is, this isn't something you should debate online. Go listen for yourself, I am sure you'll find yourself clearly drawn to one or the other.

Best,
E